Hi, my name is Matt785! Looking for advice on LCWRA underpayment from UC - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Matt785! Looking for advice on LCWRA underpayment from UC

Options
2»

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Matt785.

Just to let you know: I've edited your screenshot to remove your surname, as we don't allow personal details such as full names to be posted on the community. This is for your privacy and safety. I've also removed the name of the UC employee for their privacy. If you could redact these details from any screenshots in the future, that would be great! You can read our community guidelines here

Please do keep us updated :)
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Matt785
    Matt785 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    Options
    Hi Tori, sorry about that I didn't even think, noted for the future though thank you!!
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    No worries @Matt785 :) Thanks for understanding. It's easily done!
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Matt785
    Options
    Morning everyone, still no response from UC on the underpayment issue. I have asked and been told that they are trying to sort it out. Then I have asked what it is that needs sorting out but had no reply to any messages, not including the shut down over bank holiday obviously. Really don't know where to go from here now as it was awarded nearly a month ago and I keep getting ignored via my journal.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Try not to worry about the time it is taking a month isnt that long for dwp to sort out an issue 

They will probably only reply in your journal once there is something to say , there is no point to them just saying we are trying to sort it 

They do have huge backlogs and the bank holiday will have impacted as well 
  • erin2490
    erin2490 Community member Posts: 45 Courageous
    Options
    It took me weeks to get things sorted with them. i find managing to get in contact with universal credit really frustrating and getting a response so hard work... aswell as been told different things by different workers. ive recentally been backpayed 2800 all in one go after weeks of messages too and from my case manager trying to get it sorted.
    I was never told i would get it over a 7 month period but from what someone has said above it might be because of how much it is? I hope you get it sorted soon..
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    Options
    Just wanted to stop by and hi @Matt785 :)

Sorry to hear that you're not getting anywhere fast on this. 

Hopefully though, the comments from our community members have helped to put your mind at rest that some delay is (very unfortunately) often a part of the process at the moment.

Fingers crossed you hear something soon. Keep us posted :)
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Matt785
    Options
    Morning everyone, so yesterday I was paid a part payment in line with what I was originally told - That my underpayment would be paid back to me in installments over 7 months on my regular UC payment dates. It does look like that I will be paid in installments over 7 months now as I haven't had any response from UC.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    At least you have something 

They may still be looking at your request for full payment don't give up if you think you should be paid a lump sum 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,937 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @Matt785. Even if they've scheduled it in instalments you are still within your rights to request the full amount paid to you in one go. If you want it paid this way then please try talking to them again. Have you had any contact at all since your last message?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Matt785
    Options
    Hi @Adrian_Scope I have requested it paid in full a number of times, the only response I had was on the 26th of March to say that the UC contact was talking to his line manager about it and he would have an update 'soon'. That was two weeks ago and I have had no response to messages sent since then. I have been polite not bombarded them but still ignored. At a bit of a loss what to do next now?
  • Matt785
    Options
    Hi everyone, still no resolution to the problem, and no response to my messages. Is it worth me ringing the DWP or is that just the same as UC?
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Matt785 said:
    Hi everyone, still no resolution to the problem, and no response to my messages. Is it worth me ringing the DWP or is that just the same as UC?
    UC is part of DWP.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • SarahUCE
    SarahUCE Community member Posts: 32 Pioneering
    Options
    I find this interesting as I’ve seen an increase in claimants facing similar struggles this past month. The cynic in me would assume a training or mail-out in early March reminded staff that paying this way was possible and many case managers have jumped on it.

That aside, @Matt785 I would try sending a final message under both “about a payment” AND “service issues” along the lines of:

Dear Case Manager,
    I’ve sought advice and been informed that if a claimant requests their arrears of benefit in full rather than instalments, you must adhere to this and pay it as soon as possible. 
    As my requests have thus far been ignored, could you provide me with the details of your official complaints procedure as I’d like to make a formal complaint.
  • SarahUCE
    SarahUCE Community member Posts: 32 Pioneering
    Options
    I forgot to add, you don’t need them to explain the complaints procedure, it’s just something that usually prompts some action. 
    If you don’t receive a reply within 2 working days of the above message, I’d either go along the lines of a formal complaint or ask your MP to intervene. 
    If you choose to, you can make a complaint here:
    https://makeacomplaint.dwp.gov.uk/
  • Missjones89
    Missjones89 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Options
    Hi could I ask how far back did they award your lcwra element I. Have been asking for a wca since 2019 at final stages now but prev work coach or current would not except non of medical pip awards for this to trigger as I work part time in receipt of PIP continuously MP now involved aswell CAB

Thanks
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Deleted - realised covered in another thread.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.