Case manager called about MR — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Case manager called about MR

shaunabrooks
shaunabrooks Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi I've been on pip a few years now for chronic pain depression and anxiety and urticaria  2 and half years ago had 1st assessment and lost half of the award due to lies told by assessor asked for an MR but they declined it, I was too scared to go tribunal. Last year they started review proceedings again had assessment this year but this time I had it recorded the assessor cleverly wrote his report to make my conditions seem not as bad as they actually are. my award didn't change this time but I still asked for a MR it's taken about 7 weeks to even hear anything which was 3 days ago the case manager called me to tell me she was looking at it today and I will have a letter by next week.
The wait is impossible she didn't ask any questions relating to my health issues just asked me to confirm I'd not sent any new evidence in apart from few phone calls with updates and to confirm where I disagreed with them and that's what she would be looking at, I did get a chance to say a few things but mostly reiterating what I'd already said.
Has anyone else experienced this sort of phone call before? In my 1st MR they didn't call me and was quick to make their decision I'm already nervous beyond belief 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

Yes they do sometimes call jyst to check mainly as there are such long delays currently they are just checking that you hadn't sent in anything else 

The mr will be looked at by new decision maker but they don't ask any questions about your condition unless something isn't clear 
    .Good luck let us know how you get on 
  • Emilyb81
    Emilyb81 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    Maybe if you phone the pip Helpline Monday morning @shaunabrooks they may have the details on system by then? I don't know if that's helpful or if you are better off waiting for the letter to arrive? Was just thinking of ways to maybe take the wait down a bit for your anxiety? Take care hun! And hope you get the decision you need! Xx
  • Alicia89
    Alicia89 Community member Posts: 44 Courageous
    @shaunabrooks what was your outcome x
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello when making an MR never do it over the phone request a copy of your assessment report. Then prepare your MR giving reasons as to why you think you where wrongly awarded point or lack of. Sending more information or evidence and examples of what does happen when you try to do manage the descriptors your contesting is far better than over the phone conversation.
  • Alicia89
    @wilko oh no I'd already done my Mr. And sent in all my info this was a case manager asking a few more questions and said I'd get a decision. I didn't realize they called and was caught off guard.
  • Alicia89
    Well I rang this morning. Still no decision but she added the notes and what I said on Friday. I didn't think was listening but she's has it all done. Just need to take it out my mind. One way or the other this week a Decision will be made. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.