How long do you wait for decision on p.i.p — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long do you wait for decision on p.i.p

Neryspowles
Neryspowles Community member Posts: 5 Listener
How much longer do you think I will have to wait regarding my p. I. P assessment 

Comments

• Emilyb81
    Emilyb81 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    When did you apply? I mean it's not really something that can be guessed because it seems to be different depending on many things so no way of telling? Some people have it in a couple of months others have been waiting since last year? It's all taking longer right now due to covid backlog :disappointed: sorry! Hope u r OK! And hope u have people around you to support you through the whole process because it can be hard work all the waiting and not knowing? Good luck @Neryspowles hope you get answers soon!! 
  • skhan95
    skhan95 Community member Posts: 123 Connected
    I was gonna ask the same thing when did you applied ? :-)
  • skhan95
    skhan95 Community member Posts: 123 Connected
    I have applied for PIP too
    Actually I have called them on the 8th of April then they sent me a form on the 21st of May I send them back on the 9th of June 
    But daily I'm telling my mind that I have to wait at least more 2/3 months to hear back anything because of the back log... if everything sorted early then this time I will be lucky but still keeping my patience level high :-) 
  • rubin16
    rubin16 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 520 Pioneering
    Hi Guys,

Just to put in perspective I applied for Pip at the end of Novemeber 2020, and only last week been given an telephone assessment for this coming Friday. So in total I've been waiting 7 months / 31 Weeks to get an assessment from the time of applying.

Also DWP have started stating that it take roughly 10 months to fully complete a PiP claim due to coronavirus but this depends on the area and who does your assessment. But just be prepared for a long wait with no contact from DWP till they give you that assessment.
    I have Autism, ADHD, Schizophrenia, Gilberts Syndrome and Crohn's Disease and have knowledge in these areas.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.