They received form in March, and I still haven't heard about an assessment. Can anyone shed light? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

They received form in March, and I still haven't heard about an assessment. Can anyone shed light?

Options
scoobs
scoobs Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited June 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi, I was text on 19/03/2021 to say thank you for your how you disability affects you form we will be in touch if we need you to attend a medical assessment, I still haven't been contacted and wondered if they make decisions without a medical or this is normal as I've heard 14 weeks from start to finish and it's already been that long-- can anybody shed some light please?

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @scoobs and welcome to the community.

Thanks for your query, while that's a long time to wait indeed, it is quite common at the minute, we've had many members speak of long waiting times for their assessments.

Hopefully they'll be in touch with you soon :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,618 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @scoobs hi and welcome from me also
    We have seen people take around 10 months from start to finish for a new PIP application, it's just how it is at the moment i'm afraid.
    If it is a new application and if you get an award it will be back dated.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• scoobs
    scoobs Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Thanx for that mate, just have to wait it out I suppose.
  • dave392
    dave392 Community member Posts: 42 Courageous
    Options
    I applied Oct 2020 assessment was 15th June 2021

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.