I've been awarded LCWRA. Will I get an additional amount backdated for 3 month waiting period? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I've been awarded LCWRA. Will I get an additional amount backdated for 3 month waiting period?

Options
garfield2010
garfield2010 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited June 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
hi all I’m looking for advice please I’ve been awarded lwcra  think that’s right  Abbreviation
from 9th March 2021 my assessment period is from 24th to 25th  if that makes sense I’m told I get additional amount from august 2nd but does this get back dated for the three months waiting period ? Thank u for yr time 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there

Congratulations on the award

No the waiting period isn't paid you get payment from the 4th month after reporting the condition 
  • garfield2010
    Options
    thank u some people say it is some say it’s not so confused 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I can assure you the first 3 months are not paid I claim it myself and there are lirs if posts about it on here with advice from other too 

Have a read of some of them in recent discussions or uc section 
  • garfield2010
    Options
    As u can tell this is all new to me .. thank u for yr help 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @garfield2010 :) Thanks for joining, and for posting your question. I hope that Janer1967's post has cleared that up for you. 

Just to let you know, I've renamed your post a bit and moved it into our category for discussions relating to universal credit.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    hi all I’m looking for advice please I’ve been awarded lwcra  think that’s right  Abbreviation
    from 9th March 2021 my assessment period is from 24th to 25th  if that makes sense I’m told I get additional amount from august 2nd but does this get back dated for the three months waiting period ? Thank u for yr time 
    The reason it's called a waiting period is because you don't get paid the extra LCWRA element during this period.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.