Assessment phone call- what sort of questions do they ask? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Assessment phone call- what sort of questions do they ask?

Options
greyhound65
greyhound65 Community member Posts: 18 Connected
edited June 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have got assessment phone call coming up 
what sort of questions do they ask as I get very nervous when on the phone 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome 

The questions will be based around what you put on your form

It is a good idea to have a read through it before and have it handy for the call 

They will ask about how you do tasks following the descriptors 

Good luck let us know how you get on 
  • hughiemachrins
    hughiemachrins Community member Posts: 65 Courageous
    Options
    When is it? Mine is on Tuesday afternoon so I can report back if yours is after that.

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Hi @greyhound65 :) Best of luck with your telephone assessment.

As Janer1967 has said, the questions they ask can vary from person to person. Do you have a copy of your PIP form? Have you made any notes about how your condition/s affect you? 

Here's a link to the PIP descriptors, as Janer1967 mentioned. It'd be worth giving these a read through beforehand.

Many people get nervous on the phone, especially during assessments, so you're definitely not alone in feeling that way. Try and find a quiet space to take the call if you can and make sure you have some water with you. You can also have a loved one there with you in the room if that would help you feel calmer.

Some people might find themselves giving short answers when they're nervous, but it's important that you explain your answers. If you scroll to the 'additional information' section at the bottom of this Benefits and Work page, you can also read about the concepts of reliably, safely, and so on. This can help you to explain what you mean when you can't do a certain activity.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • greyhound65
    Options
    Thanks for your help I will give my paper work a read before my assessment 
  • marija
    marija Community member Posts: 28 Courageous
    Options
    Hi everyone,

i posted this in another thread. 

It depends what your PIP claim is for, but there will be questions do you read books, do you watch TV, do you have a pet, do you browse a lot online.

Question like this help them figure out if you really suffer from mental health for example. I loved reading box, but i cant any more, cant concentrate.

I dont watch TV much as i cant sit for long periods of time and cant hear the covid news anymore, it just gives me panick attacks.

A good advice from my citizens advice bureau was, NEVER answer with yes, but...

Like yes i read books, but not for long (they note down the yes, the but is ignored).

Rather say no, i used to but cant anymore because off..

Hope this helps
  • greyhound65
    Options
    Thanks for that very helpful 
  • greyhound65
    Options
    I will take on board what you have said thank  you they is one thing I forgot to ask how long do you have to wait for a decision 
  • marija
    marija Community member Posts: 28 Courageous
    Options
    I will take on board what you have said thank  you they is one thing I forgot to ask how long do you have to wait for a decision 
    I really wish i could tell you that... I was told 8 weeks, but as i see from other threads some waited even longer and some less...

Good luck!
  • greyhound65
    Options

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.