My son has learning difficulties + was unsuccessful in moving from DLA to PIP. Can anyone help? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My son has learning difficulties + was unsuccessful in moving from DLA to PIP. Can anyone help?

Options
Gill1968
Gill1968 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited June 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
My son is 28 with learning difficulties  he went to a special school at 8 years old statemented applied for pip after being on disability living allowance failed had 6 points applying again just really struggling to help him i am his appointe can anyone help? 

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Make sure you understand the points system and the reliability criteria so that you can construct your claim accordingly
    https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/personal-independence-payment-pip/pip-points-system
    See also
    https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/56365/pip-form-filling?
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Gill1968 and a warm welcome to our online community.  How are you doing?

I'm sorry to hear that your son's PIP claim was unsuccessful.  As mentioned, it's important to identify the points that you believe he should have been awarded and then work on providing evidence to support why.  The second thread @calcotti signposted to gives excellent information on how best to evidence your son's difficulties satisfying the PIP activities, so please make sure to give that a read :)

Also, if you feel that you need additional support  with your claim, you can use the Advice Local website to find a welfare advice organisation close to where you live (enter your postcode, select 'Welfare benefits', then scroll down the following page).

If you have any more questions, please do give us a shout.  And just to make you aware, I've amended the title of your thread and moved it to our PIP, DLA and AA category to make it more visible to people reading.

Wishing both you and your son all the best, take care. 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.