Would you have a meal with your ex? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Would you have a meal with your ex?

Tori_Scope
Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger

Eating With My Ex is a BBC3 reality show where ex-couples have a frank and honest conversation about their relationship over the course of a meal. 

These ex-couples apply for a variety of reasons; wanting to get back together, finding out why the relationship broke down, or even just talking through issues that could bring up a variety of interesting talking points.

They're currently in their fifth series, and they believe that disabled people are massively under-represented in reality television. They're therefore aiming to make this series as inclusive as possible.

Who can get involved?

They're looking for 18 to 30 year olds who are engaging, interesting and have lots to say! 

The process

The process is as follows:

• an initial chat with you
  • a chat with your ex-partner (if they are willing, of course!)
  • a Zoom call with you and your ex individually so the senior team at BBC3 and Thames TV can decide who goes on the show

How can I get involved?

If you're interested in applying, please email thamescasting@thames.tv, or contact them via WhatsApp on 07388 130 270.

casting call for the BBC 3 show eating with my ex All of the information on the poster is listed above
National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Comments

• vikingqueen
    vikingqueen Scope Member Posts: 1,411 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2021
        As long as I could hide the poison in the food..... ;)
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    I’d need two megaphones and two trenches! Forget the food!

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
     :D  It's a no from me too!  It was bad enough getting pied the first time, ha! 

But seriously, good luck to anyone who might fancy taking part  :)  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    No. Might say yes if you let me have a few 'strong' drinks first  :D
  • Luna51
    Luna51 Community member Posts: 283 Pioneering
    I would love to, just to apologise for being such a drama queen at 17! ?
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    I have had a meal with an ex and been on holiday lol with an ex 
  • CoffeeFirst
    CoffeeFirst Scope Member Posts: 200 Pioneering
    No I don’t think so, I’d not want to see his ugly face again ?.
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    I hang out with several of my exes...
  • natz2009
    natz2009 Community member Posts: 76 Connected
    Yes if i could get an hour alone with him and multiple torchur tools barbed wire and a few lemons just as a side kick ???
  • cat_hug
    cat_hug Community member Posts: 161 Pioneering
    I would love to have a meal and sit down chat with my Ex. Alas, that is an impossibility in this lifetime anyway. I hope there is something after we leave this mortal coil, because then I could definitely sit down and eat and shoot the breeze with ,y dearly departed Davy. He hasnt been alive however since \august 28 2010. Maybe one day though eh, God willing 
  • Supernanma
    Supernanma Community member Posts: 42 Connected
    No, if I wasn't good enough when together, then not going with him now. Mine ditched me the minute I had my breakdown. When I tried to die, he couldn't bear to look at me. So no, he could stuff his dinner. I'm worth more than that. In answer to your question, it is totally your choice in the end. 
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    He might get the food in his face if he tried. 
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2021
    I like watching the programme...but often wonder why anyone signs up for it, and why they wouldn't just contact the other person without a camera crew present.  Do they get a free dinner out of it?  :D
  • Garza
    Garza Community member Posts: 149 Pioneering
    They want to make it as inclusive as possible but are limiting it to a 12 year age range! 

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Supernanma, sorry to hear that your ex wasn't very supportive of you when you really needed them, and that you had a breakdown and "tried to die".  It's a shame that your mental health was at such a low level, does that statement mean that you attempted to take your own life?

How is your mental health at the minute? Do you feel in a better place now?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.