Meant to have assessment in March, but still haven't heard after notifying them of new diagnosis — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Meant to have assessment in March, but still haven't heard after notifying them of new diagnosis

Sharadam
Sharadam Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited July 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all i posted my form back in early november for pip, i had a txt to say the recieved my form then i got a phone call to say i had a phone assessment on sunday 14th march at 9 in the morning.
I was up ready waiting for somebody to phone me but no one did i tried phoning but it was closed. 
Waited and phoned on the mon and was told to contact benefits as it had been sent back i did all that and i had to phone and let them know i had recently been diagnosed with cough syncope and was told someone would contact me with another app and i still haven't heard anything it will be a yr in sep. 

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    @Sharadam hi and welcome to scope, its not unusual atm for  PIP claim to take 10 months, keep in mind that a diagnosis isn't relevant to PIP its how your disability affects you day to day life.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Sharadam
    Sharadam Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Aw yeah i know that it was just so they were aware of it so that time scale is normal atm. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.