Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

UC application interview - is it always by phone now?

LeeA380LeeA380 Member Posts: 53 Connected
edited June 17 in Universal Credit
It used to be a 50minute face to face interview at the job centre, but now I am told it is usually a 25minute phone interview with new applicants. Is this the case for all new applicants, or will the DWP move it back to face to face soon?

Replies

• janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 11,997 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

I'm not sure what they will do in future they may realise the cost effectiveness of doing it over the phone or they may still think its important to see applicants f2f 

I've not heard anything official on this but other members may know 
    Here to help with my experience in hunan resources and employment rights 
  • LeeA380LeeA380 Member Posts: 53 Connected
    edited July 1
    I got a text this morning saying I must attend the local job centre plus IN PERSON for my first commitments interview.

Seeing as I am with limited mobility, I would have preferred this to be over the phone.

Do you think I could try phoning them myself and explaining that a phone call may be more realistic?
  • Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Posts: 4,611

Scope community team

There's no harm in [email protected]

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Talk to our chatbot and give us feedback on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.