UC application interview - is it always by phone now? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

UC application interview - is it always by phone now?

Options
LeeA380
LeeA380 Community member Posts: 59 Connected
edited June 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
It used to be a 50minute face to face interview at the job centre, but now I am told it is usually a 25minute phone interview with new applicants. Is this the case for all new applicants, or will the DWP move it back to face to face soon?

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

I'm not sure what they will do in future they may realise the cost effectiveness of doing it over the phone or they may still think its important to see applicants f2f 

I've not heard anything official on this but other members may know 
  • LeeA380
    LeeA380 Community member Posts: 59 Connected
    edited July 2021
    Options
    I got a text this morning saying I must attend the local job centre plus IN PERSON for my first commitments interview.

Seeing as I am with limited mobility, I would have preferred this to be over the phone.

Do you think I could try phoning them myself and explaining that a phone call may be more realistic?
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There's no harm in trying@LeeA380

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.