Still nothing!!! 19 weeks and I haven't had an acknowledgement text — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Still nothing!!! 19 weeks and I haven't had an acknowledgement text

Options
RoxyC
RoxyC Community member Posts: 40 Connected
edited July 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Am i just unlucky? Someone I know applied for PiP after I did and has had her assessment and I've not even had a text to say they acknowledge my paperwork. We live in the same borough so our paperwork went to the same office. I know each claim is different but 19 weeks???? Not even an acknowledgement text. 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome 

Have you tried to contact them and make sure they have the paperwork 

If not I suggest you do 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,621 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It can be the luck of the draw timing wise but you should have had a confirmation of receipt, so as above a quick call to check is in order,
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• RoxyC
    Options
    My mum rang them at the beginning of June and they confirmed they have my paperwork. I cant call as I cant hear so rely heavily on on other means of contact. My mum is my appointee due to hearing difficulties 
  • dave392
    dave392 Community member Posts: 42 Courageous
    Options
    If  it’s any help I waited from Oct 2020 finally got assessment 15th June 2021 i never had any correspondence from them either it’s just a waiting game I’m afraid 
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,286 Pioneering
    Options
    My one took a long time also but if you are awarded pip you do get back payed to when you applied . I applied for mines last feb and I didn’t have assessment till like July I think it was then I got my decision in August 
  • Luna51
    Luna51 Community member Posts: 283 Pioneering
    Options
    I don't think many people have an acknowledgement to be fair (I am my daughter's appointee) and we didn't, but equally it is frustrating to be kept waiting for so long.
    As @janer1967 advised, you could ask your Mum to call for an update, it can take over an hour to get through, so be prepared.. 

Best Wishes ?
  • RoxyC
    Options
    Thank you all for the advice. It just puzzles me how this service is so inconsistent. ? some have regular contact, letters and texts and others get absolutely nothing. You would think there was a strict process that applies to all claimants. 
  • RoxyC
    Options
    As an update, my mum called them yesterday and the paperwork was sent to the assessment team on the 28th of may. Apparently the assessments go in date order so it's a case of waiting now for a letter to confirm the assessment date and time. 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hopefully not too long then @RoxyC :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.