Help with Universal credit — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help with Universal credit

Options
jperalta98
jperalta98 Community member Posts: 6 Connected
edited July 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi all, recently found out I was awarded the LCWRA element of UC due to severe mental health illnesses, and am a little confused and the replies from UC were seemingly unhelpful as I don't understand it still.

I understand there is a 3 month waiting period from the date you submit evidence of your condition.

I get paid on the 26th of every month. I first submitted my fit note on the 22nd March 2021. Should I be expecting the extra payment to start this month on the 26th July 2021?

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Paid on 26th means your monthly periods are 20th to 19th.
    If submission of Fit Note on 22nd March was the day you first reported health condition then the dates are as follows.
    The three complete assessments periods that make up the waiting period are 20th April to 19th May, 20th May to 19th June and 20th June to 19th July. The LCWRA element would then be payable for 20th July to 19th August paid on 26th August.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @jperl

Welcome to the community, how are you this Saturday afternoon? 

Congratulations on being awarded LCWRA, and I hope the above advice has been helpful for you and cleared up any confusion. Are you receiving all the support you need for your mental health illnesses?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • jperalta98
    jperalta98 Community member Posts: 6 Connected
    Options
    calcotti said:
    Paid on 26th means your monthly periods are 20th to 19th.
    If submission of Fit Note on 22nd March was the day you first reported health condition then the dates are as follows.
    The three complete assessments periods that make up the waiting period are 20th April to 19th May, 20th May to 19th June and 20th June to 19th July. The LCWRA element would then be payable for 20th July to 19th August paid on 26th August.
    Thank you for the response and help. It seems I was correct in that it's quite confusing?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.