Registered blind and rejectedDLA question - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Registered blind and rejectedDLA question

Options
2»

Comments

• huney
    huney Community member Posts: 20 Listener
    Options
    I think middle may be what I am hoping for. He is awake through the night (about 5-6 times a night and takes roughly 30 minutes to get back to sleep as he still can’t self settle) but I don’t know how much is related to his eye sight and how much is personality. His older siblings were a lot more independent at his age, they slept through the night and if they woke they could find their own cup/teddy/blanket  and would turn on their night light music and go back off but he won’t. I also worry when he wakes in the night now he’s in a bed rather than a cot that he’ll walk around and get hurt but I’m not sure how much this counts as care, it’s just what you do for your kids when they can’t sleep and you worry about them.
    Can I appeal and just go for middle? 
  • huney
    huney Community member Posts: 20 Listener
    Options
    It feels a bit like you are hinting you think low is correct and I shouldn’t appeal, is that right? Do you know the best place to find the rules for middle and higher? I can find detailed descriptors as to what counts for PIP but not DLA. 
    I’m so fed up of it all tbh, especially with all the overpayments and trouble I’m having with uc. Everything is such a mess and every time I try and fix it I just get more confused and more problems happen

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.