New to ESA. I have a phone appointment with a Work Coach tomorrow. What will it consist of? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New to ESA. I have a phone appointment with a Work Coach tomorrow. What will it consist of?

Options
sharonbetty
sharonbetty Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hello, I applied for ESA on 15 June backdated to 9 June. I have been give a phone appointment with a Work Coach from the Jobcentre tomorrow morning and wonder what this will consist of. How much detail of my medical condition would I be expected to give at this stage? Am assuming it's not the full assessment at this stage. Thank you.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

It will just be a routine interview like all applicants have 

Have you submitted a fit note if not I would get one 

They will just discuss your application mainly 
  • sharonbetty
    sharonbetty Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Yes I submitted a Fit Note when I applied thanks. I want to be prepared to answer questions but need time to think about the answers! Hopefully these won't be too detailed

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @sharonbetty

Welcome to the community, how are you? 

The questions shouldn't be anything that catches you out, it will probably just be mainly about your application as Jane says, 

Good luck
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.