Feeling low — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Feeling low

Happy_Girl
Happy_Girl Community member Posts: 2 Connected
I have been having problems with my neighbours which I documented on another post. It's not getting any better and affecting my mental health in a bad way. I have a recurring depressive disorder and I'm not managing well at all. I don't want them knowing how I'm feeling as they are the sort of people who would love the fact their behaviour is causing me upset. I heard from my son's friends mum that the neighbours told her last night that that my partner peed through my neighbours letter box. The neighbour who he's supposed to have done it to isn't involved in the trouble so I don't know why they're bringing him into anything. I know I should just laugh about it but that is easier said than done! I'm supposed to be talking to the neighbours with my housing manager as a mediator but how can I have an adult conversation with people who make up such stupid stuff like that? 

Comments

• Paddyrooney62
    Paddyrooney62 Community member Posts: 17 Connected
    Try to not let these people get to you. I know that’s easy to say. But you must put yourself first. You know your own capabilities on when you draw the line. It’s definitely disgraceful that you are being put in this position. You have made the right decision by sharing your thoughts and concerns on this matter. On the forum. If I can give any advice it would be to keep talking about your feelings here . The people understand where you are coming from and you are totally supported. You are in our thoughts and prayers. And hope that things will change very soon. God bless you. ???
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @nuttynet :)

I'm sorry that this situation is making you feel so low, but it's understandable you'd feel this way. 

The mediation sounds like a good step, but I can appreciate that you'd have reservations about it considering the way your neighbours have been behaving. I think all you can do is make sure that you act like the adult in the situation, and try and get your points across calmly.

I remember you mentioning on the other thread that your housing manager was going to try and help you access some mental health support. Has that happened? I'd definitely encourage you to speak to your GP about your depression too, as they should also be able to refer you to any relevant services, or talk through your other options with you. 

Do you feel able to speak a bit more about what you mean when you say you're not managing well at all? 

Also, please remember that you can call the police if the behaviour of your neighbours makes you feel unsafe. You should call 999 if it's an emergency, and 101 if it's not an emergency. 

National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @nuttynet

I just wanted to drop by and see how things are going with you now.  Has there been any progress and how is your mood?  

Please let us know if we can offer any further support.  Take care and stay safe  :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness