Mandatory reconsideration and 2 under payments — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mandatory reconsideration and 2 under payments

Options
erin2490
erin2490 Community member Posts: 45 Courageous
So I wrote another thing out sending a M r off and today I got a phone call saying I had 2 underpayments due... But she didn't want to tell me for how much as they send it off to debt management Incase they need to deduct any money off. 
I only challenged the care component due to the report said i said I'd never been percrubed hearing aids which was untrue and I felt I should have had 2 extra points the whole claim. She did say I was going to get enhanced rate for care now but my question is....cause I know they look at the whole claim again when doing a mr. Rather than just the bit I wrote about is it likely they may have changed the mobility aspect of the claim ( I didn't ask on the phone as I didn't even consider it till I got off the phone)  and thought why are there 2 underpayments ? 
I know I will find out in the next week anyway I just wondered if anyone on here had any ideas. Thanks in advance 

Comments

• erin2490
    Options
    Thing about sending a mandatory reconsideration off a few weeks back*
  • erin2490
    Options
    My question really was if they had a successful Mr did the care underpayment and the mobility underpayment get payed into their bank accounts separate.

She told me I had gone up to enhanced on the care but I didn't even ask about mobility as I didn't consider it until I got off the phone and though why am I getting 2 underpayments 
    Thanks for the reply
  • Girl_No1
    Girl_No1 Community member Posts: 152 Pioneering
    Options
    To answer your question, both elements were increased via my MR.  I received only one backpayment covering both elements.
  • erin2490
    Options
    Thanks for replying and I'll just have to wait and see I guess. I'm an overthinker so brain never shuts off ha. X

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.