Hi, I'm leggydogs! My PIP claim is ending and I can't get through on the phone. What do I do? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, I'm leggydogs! My PIP claim is ending and I can't get through on the phone. What do I do?

leggydogs
leggydogs Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited July 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi people, my PIP claim is ending and I received an email telling me to get in touch to update but I have phoned 20-30 times but just cant get through or get cut off, I am worried sick that my claim will just end is there any other way of contacting them? Please help! Thanks

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there and welcome to the community 

Have you filled in any review forms at all 

The best time to call is first thing when they open 

There are no other ways to contact them 

Can you reply to the email or is it not a reply email 
  • leggydogs
    hi jane r not had any review forms and simply cannot find the email
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2022
    According to Mike [removed by moderator] this is a live email address
    correspondence@dwp.gov.uk

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• janer1967
    It's unusual for a claim to just end without having a review 

Unless you were awarded at tribunal if so you need to put in a new claim and if not processed in time your claim will end
  • leggydogs
    I was awarded at tribunal!

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @leggydogs

I'm sorry you're having difficulty getting through on the phone. PIP are under increased demand at the moment so our members are finding that calling first thing in the morning is a good time to get through. I appreciate it's frustrating however so please do try the email @leeCal suggested and keep persevering.  

Just to advise, I've tweaked the title of your thread and moved it to our PIP, DLA and AA category for others to spot.  Good luck.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • janer1967
    In that case they normally notify you 14 weeks before it is due to end to remind you to do a new claim 

That is what the email will have been 

You need to apply ASAP as current new claims are taking about 10 months to complete 
  • leggydogs

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.