Hi, my name is tulisa. I have a PIP tribunal coming up. Do you think we'll get it? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is tulisa. I have a PIP tribunal coming up. Do you think we'll get it?

tulisapavloff1
tulisapavloff1 Community member Posts: 30 Listener
edited July 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have pip tribunal court come up because I've been turn down  my  dad  try to get pip for me and  universal credit said I not fit for work and  welfare rights are help us   I have  health condition and  disability   as well  do you think we will get it  been year  I have bad anxiety 

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2021
    Hello @tulisapavloff1 - welcome to the community, & thank you for joining. Your tribunal hearing will just be a panel of a Judge, a doctor, & someone with an understanding of disabilities. On a forum such as this we cannot know your full circumstances, but, as you have the help of welfare rights, that is in your favour, as they will have an understanding of your health problems and how they affect you.. Tribunals have a much higher success rate than a Mandatory Reconsideration, & phone tribunals seem to be favourable at the moment. I hope it all goes well and you get the right award. :)
  • tulisapavloff1
    Thank you  I am not fit  for  work  is that  good  evident
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Universal Credit and PIP are completely separate benefits with different criteria, so I don't think that will help you unfortunately. The best evidence is your own. Try & give a couple of real life detailed examples as to how you were at the time of your assessment. For example, for each activity/descriptor that applies, describe what happened when you attempted or did an activity. Did anyone see the problems you had, why did it happen, what exactly happened, & how did it leave you feeling afterwards?
    It's also important to say if you can't do an activity safely, if you can't do it to an acceptable standard, or repeat it as often as you would like, or if it takes you more than twice as long as someone who hasn't got your health conditions & or disability.
    If you haven't seen a list of the descriptors you can find them here: https://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/asset-library/Personal-Independence-Payment-Descriptors-and-Scores-April-2021.pdf    Please also look at the notes at the end too.
  • tulisapavloff1
    Welfare rights rang this morning  said I got 6 points ineed  8 points  I worry I won't get it  and I have  mental health problems I am so stressed 
  • tulisapavloff1

Welfare rights rang this morning  said I got 6 points ineed  8 points  I worry I won't get it  and I have  mental health problems I am so stressed 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

Have you had your tribunal now then ? Or is this what you got awarded before 

If you have had the tribunal and that is the decision then unfortunately you have not been successful and no award has been granted 
  • tulisapavloff1
    edited July 2021
    Going for tribunal  was award that before 
  • tulisapavloff1
    Thanks you it phone tribunal  I am so stressed only got 6 points  people out their get  pip but I have lots of problems  that not  right 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    While I sympathise with you it isn't about how many problems you have 

It's about how they affect your ability to do the task against the descriptors 

People may have numerous health problems but still be able to complete all the tasks 

Good luck for your tribunal and as @Username_removed says you have a advisor to help you so any concerns should be addressed by them 

When is the tribunal 
  • Emilyb81
    Emilyb81 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    Probably not a good idea to look at what benefits other people have and if they should have them or not because we don't know everyone's situation behind closed doors? Same as they don't know yours??
     But anyway if they are saying you should get or are only getting 6 points then your best bet is to look at the link @chiarieds posted above? That will show you exactly what gives you what points? So if you can find places where you believe you need the extra points to give you an award then that's what you need to focus on? 
    But also like Mike said Above probably be most helpful speaking to the people already helping you with your case so you don't become more confused and anxious? Because other people can only base things on what happened to them and they will be in different situation so it may not help you?  ??
  • tulisapavloff1
    Have  tribunal  telephone  call for  my pip claim  my dad try  to get pip for  me because I need help with things  and  I  have  mental health issues  dwp from  universal credit said I  am not fit for work I get  limited capability for work    their benefit people  told my  dad to go to tribunal  it have been year without  money for my dad  I am so stressed about tomorrow  hope  get it  because  my dad was get DLA  before  for me  
  • Karawen
    Karawen Community member Posts: 61 Courageous
    Good luck for tomorrow ?
  • tulisapavloff1
    Thanks you  I hope I get it  have been so stressed  my dad not had any money for year that wrong 
  • Popdiva43
    Popdiva43 Community member Posts: 170 Pioneering
    good luck for tomorrow,i have mine on friday 
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Community member Posts: 542 Pioneering
    Good luck for tomorrow @tulisapavloff1. I’m a bit confused though, the pip seems to be for you, yet you keep referring to the fact that your Dad has been without money for a year.
  • tulisapavloff1
    My dad try to get  pip for me  
  • Emilyb81
    Good luck today @tulisapavloff1 hope your dad had chance to read the post above from Mike  before phonecall etc! ???
  • tulisapavloff1
    Had my pip tribunal  telephone  today  with my dad  they ask  silly question nor about my condition and  got 6 ponit  they didn't  really  ask my dad question  just me if I don't  get  it is wrong   and une  faire been at this  for year what wrong  with dwp  they said I am not fit work I don't understand  why should just give it me   they would  care if I was dying   my  mental health affects me everyday
  • Emilyb81
    edited July 2021
    Hi @tulisapavloff1 sorry you feel it went badly today!
     Did you show your dad the thing Mike posted above? And have you guys seen the descriptors list? I know how frustrating it is but they honestly only need to know about certain things and it doesn't matter how upset we get and how wrong or right it is they have a list they stick to and if you don't struggle with those things they don't give you points? If i hadnt of seen the descriptors i would still be sat defeated like you are right now ☹️ 
     I thought you had someone helping you guys with all this? What have welfare rights said to you or your dad? Are they advising you that you only qualify for 6 points? Or have they said you can get more points in other areas?
     And universal credit saying you are unfit for work is really not anything to do with PIP they look at different things altogether? Plenty of people are unfit for work but don't qualify for pip?
     I just want you to get the right help and understand how it works or your dad to understand what is going on so you are able to either push further with this (if it doesn't go through) or accept it isnt likely to happen? Because you are making yourself poorly by going through all this for nothing? ☹️
  • tulisapavloff1
    Found  out on  23 or 24 what happened welfare rights
    Said  their    tribunal  agreed   to give the 6 ponit  I need  tow  more ponit 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.