Motability car to be took away - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Motability car to be took away

2»

Comments

• MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    edited July 2021
    To be fair the original question was can my car be taken away because of a bayliff so the answer to that is no  that's the answer to the question the poster asked  

The rest the outer has to get advice away from the forum before they get into more debt 
    In fairness though, that means all the “advice” you tried to provide Lisa was still not relevant or was incorrect. 

Mike already said in his first reply the bailiff could not instruct motibility  to do anything, so that was answered very early on. 

The point people are trying to make is regardless of your personal debt experience, the fact your partner or son is a bailiff, the fact you hold a law degree, etc has no bearing. 

The debt aspect needs professional debt advice which you can’t provide. 
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,765 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @jammy0121 I can't offer anything here other then get the advice needed and I hope you can get it all sorted good luck
  • jammy0121
    jammy0121 Community member Posts: 17 Connected
    Thanks guys spoke to debt National helpline my motability car can be took by motability not baliffs as it is a breach of there terms and conditions I am trying to come to a arrangement with the enforcement agent but no luck as of yet thanks for all the replies 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @jammy0121 get help from citizen advice to get an arrangement put in place they are good with bayliff debt 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2021
    Perhaps of interest is that a bailiff needs to prove to a county court judge that you’re a ‘fit and proper person', with no criminal or debt record; the latter of which Lisa acknowledges she has had. Please see: https://nationalcareers.service.gov.uk/job-profiles/bailiff  
    I hope this thread hasn't been confusing to the OP as Mike has given his advice, which Mark endorses, not to mention the Scope team taking this onboard. On looking through this thread, I can only hope the OP looks at the advice given rather than Lisa's comments (& her post on his wall).

• Lisatho11987777
    The poster has replied and has recived advice from the national debt help line who has given him advice which you have all seemed to have missed  the poster has been told as everyone else said the bayliff can't tell motability to take the car but they  have said that motability could take the car because its against the rules and regulations so the poster is trying to come to an aragment with the bayliff bit isn't haveing much luck  so have advised the poster to ask citizen advice for help 
  • Lisatho11987777
    edited July 2021
    [Removed by moderator – this post breaches our community house rules.] 
  • Lisatho11987777
    You all seem to have forgotten about the poster 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hmmm @lisathomas50 - I have no interest in you whatsoever, sorry. I certainly don't 'trawl' any social media either, as I don't use it, so no idea where you're coming from.... unless you can prove otherwise. I have to say I find your comments against the community's house rules in 'targeting' me. Certainly we haven't forgotten the OP; why would you think otherwise?
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    they have haveing a criminal record does not stop you being a bayliff  or an enforcer it depends on the crime and how long ago it was committed  and being in debt doesn't stop you either some bayliffs have experienced debt thats why they do the job 
    That’s false as well, clearly explained in the link provided above. 

Direct Application

Your employer will give you the training you need to get a Bailiff General Certificate. You'll need this before you can carry out any bailiff duties by yourself. 

You'll need to:

• prove to a county court judge that you’re a ‘fit and proper person', with no criminal or debt record 
    • have knowledge of bailiff law
    • put a £10,000 bond in place with the court - you can take out an insurance policy to cover this
    • provide 2 references
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Thread closed pending review.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger

On review, a decision has been made to keep this thread closed due to conversation no longer being productive for the OP.

@lisathomas50 Breaches of the house rules including personal attacks against another member will not be tolerated on the community and as such have been removed. Our community is a friendly, supportive space and any concerns you have should be emailed privately to community@scope.org.uk for the team to look at and take action, as is necessary.

Additionally, as has already been stated, please ensure that the information you share is safe; that is correct, appropriate and not opinion presented as fact. Despite the best of intentions, and some working knowledge of procedure, offering solutions based on assumption can be harmful. Therefore, to avoid members being doubly disadvantaged by erroneous advice given on our community, please refrain from offering guidance where a full and objective perspective cannot be reliably gained.

The Scope team will be liaising further with the OP via email to ensure support is provided so do please keep an eye on your inbox @jammy0121 and we will be in touch asap. 

Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness