Anybody who lives in Newcastle Upon Tyne looking for new friends people to chat to.?? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Anybody who lives in Newcastle Upon Tyne looking for new friends people to chat to.??

Options
emilia
emilia Community member Posts: 13 Connected
Anybody who lives in Newcastle Upon Tyne looking for new friends people to chat to.??

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @emilia :) This is the post I copied over for you. Welcome to the community!

Members of the community tend to chat over the community rather than meeting up, and we don't allow members to share personal details such as their home addresses, but you're absolutely welcome to chat to our members here and get to know everyone a bit better. The best place to do this is our virtual coffee lounge, which is the home of our casual conversation and games.

Is there anything in particular you're interested in chatting about, either here or in-person with people local to you? If you're looking for something specific locally, we can help you have a look around to see if there's anything you could access :)
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @emilia - & welcome to the community. I lived in Newcastle for 17 years; it's a great place. Hope you try out our virtual 'Coffee lounge' that Tori has given a link to. :)
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @emilia

Welcome to the community, I hope you are able to find others to speak with.

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • littleacorn
    littleacorn Community member Posts: 368 Pioneering
    Options
    I live across the bridge and willing to chat in coffee lounge
  • littleacorn
    Options
    Not sure if we are allowed to share emails. Hope someone can clarify?
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @littleacorn - you would be able to send a private message to emilia (tho they couldn't as yet, they can reply to you). It's sometimes wise to do this for a while before exchanging email addresses, thinking about the safety of you both.
  • littleacorn
    Options
    @chiarieds thanks for the response I will see how it goes. I understand your policy.
  • emilia
    Options
    Hi everyone. Thanks for the warm welcome. Very excited to be here. Nice to be in touch with friendly people. I'm hoping to find new friends to talk to. 
  • emilia
    Options
    I'm always busy and never have time for meeting new people. It's good to check out this link. I'm just figuring out how to use this site lol 
  • emilia
    Options
    How's everyone's week been?
  • Barukh
    Barukh Community member Posts: 59 Courageous
    Options
    @emilia Hi, just seen your post as i joined here last night. I know Newcastle quite well as i live in the North East but not Newcastle though.
  • littleacorn
    Options
    Has anyone been to Newcastle city centre recently? I have never been since lockdown and was wondering what the streets are like. Not sure if I am ready to go yet!
  • littleacorn
    Options
    @emilia do I dare aske what part? Is it Sunderland by any chance. Just a guess ?
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    Has anyone been to Newcastle city centre recently? I have never been since lockdown and was wondering what the streets are like. Not sure if I am ready to go yet!
    I was there a few months back. They have tried to implement a one way system on Northumberland Street but no one was following it. Eldon Square wasn’t as busy as usual. As for anywhere else I can’t comment as I wasn’t anywhere but those two places. 
  • littleacorn
    Options
    Thanks @MarkN88 I might have to go this week so will choose a midweek day and hopefully it will be quieter. 
  • MarkM88
    Options
    Thanks @MarkN88 I might have to go this week so will choose a midweek day and hopefully it will be quieter. 
    I have to go over that way for a medical appointment in a few weeks so I thought whilst am there I might grab a coffee and look around so hopefully all will be well and people will still be considerate. 
  • MarkM88
    Options
    I have to go over that way for a medical appointment in a few weeks so I thought whilst am there I might grab a coffee and look around so hopefully all will be well and people will still be considerate. 
  • emilia
    Options
    Ooh nice - that sounds like good fun. I don't work full days so might go and see what's on at the Tyneside Cinema I've heard they have opened. So good things are starting to become normal again. Its getting busy. Hope your appointment goes well. 
  • littleacorn
    Options
    Never been to the Tyneside cinema for years. Might drop in and see how it has changed.
  • littleacorn
    Options
    Do any of you use a powerchair? Just wondering as I am considering using mine for the first time on the train. I have used a manual chair but sat on train seats. If so where does anyone else who travels with you sit?

Brightness