Using most if not all my PIP for social care charges — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Using most if not all my PIP for social care charges

Options
aagirl84
aagirl84 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 8 Connected
To whom it may concern, if anyone has any advice about social care charges and how unfair it is to spend money on below par social care, pay bedroom tax, rent other bills and survive, already appealed to my council,  to no avail, worried I may be threatened with charges, interest 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

What interest and charges are you worried about 

Maybe get some debt or financial advice from somewhere like step change 

You can also ring your bill provider and ask if you can put a payment plan in place 
  • aagirl84
    aagirl84 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 8 Connected
    Options
    Hiya @janer1967, done the whole CAB , StepChange useless! Plus still appealing but won't get anywhere lol! Thanks anyway 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,616 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Stepchange are a debt charity that have helped many many people, I think it's unfair to label them as "useless"

@aagirl84 welcome to scope.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Girl_No1
    Girl_No1 Community member Posts: 152 Pioneering
    Options
    @aagirl84 welcome to Scope.

Is PIP your only source of income?  Have you tried an online calculator to see if you are entitled to any other support?   

Btw, I agree with @woodbine, I know a few people who have benefited from seeking help from CAB/StepChange. 

As a rule, I would  encourage anyone struggling with debt or rules/procedures being unfairly applied to them to reach out and obtain appropriate support as soon as possible. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.