Undiagnosed stomach issue, please help! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Undiagnosed stomach issue, please help!

Options
Kayden632
Kayden632 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi, Im 23 years old and I started having serious what I think is "stomach issues". Ive had on and off bloating,diarrhea,vomiting,abdominal pain and sulfur burps. From December 26th 2020 to now July of 2021. Its been months of going to doctors. Ive seen multiple regular physicians online and in person, 1 quick minute clinic and 4 Gastroenterologists,1 allergist,2 different ERs (dehydration). I stopped smoking weed for 2 months to see if that was the cause and the symptoms still persisted so I started smoking again. I dont do any illegal drugs ever, and I dont smoke cigarettes anymore. Ive gotten an H plori breath test,poop tests for bacteria, the 3 hour breath test for bacteria,bloodwork and urine at every appointment and ER trip, ultrasound of stomach. Everything came back negative every time.
In June of 2021 I gave my newly moved in with me girlfriend this same illness. Shes having the same identical symptoms as me. On and off as well.

Please help. I dont know what to do. I cant work constantly being sick.

Comments

• rubin16
    rubin16 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 552 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Kayden632 welcome to the community,

I'm sorry to hear you've not been feeling to well and has had a big impact on your life, I'm sorry I'm not a doctor and not come across those symptoms, at first I thought it might be crohns disease, IBS or UC, but these would show up in the tests you have had done. Maybe its worth requesting a endoscopy and a colonoscopy if these havn't been done just to check and see whats happening.

Its strange you say your girlfriend who recently moved in with you has it now as well. This could mean that the thing causing it is within your environment at home. Theres lots of household things that can cause an upset stomoch but most of these should show again in the tests you have done which rules out bacteria. Is there anything unusal happening at your home or where you live?

I'm sorry I don't have a specific idea on whats causing it, but I hope you manage to find out and get it sorted.

All the best.
    I have Autism, ADHD, Schizophrenia, Gilberts Syndrome and Crohn's Disease and have knowledge in these areas.

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Kayden632 :) 

I've moved your post into our category for discussions relating to undiagnosed and rare conditions. We're not medical experts, so we wouldn't be able to diagnose you with anything as such, but I appreciate that you're just after some advice and support at the moment.

I'm sorry to hear that you've got ongoing stomach problems, and haven't been able to find out the cause. I'd definitely encourage you to go back to your doctor and ask them to do some more tests, and also share with them the fact that your girlfriend has the same symptoms now too. Has she been to the doctor herself?
    I stopped smoking weed for 2 months to see if that was the cause and the symptoms still persisted so I started smoking again. I dont do any illegal drugs ever, and I dont smoke cigarettes anymore.
    I'd just like to remind you that cannabis is currently illegal in the UK.

Have you tried to make any other lifestyle changes? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

I agree that as your partner is now suffering the same symptoms maybe it is something in the household 

You need to discuss this development with your gp as it could throw a whole new light on it 
  • Kayden632
    Kayden632 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi, everyone. I have gotten a Endoscopy and colonoscopy. Its not my house or towns issue as I was living in IL before with family and none of them got sick after christmas, my girlfriend was fine before I moved in.
  • bennettmott
    bennettmott Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    Hello, I’m a 26 y/o male.  I’ve been having the exact same symptoms minus the lower GI stuff.  I’ve had an endoscopy, colonoscopy, fecal sample, bloodwork from everything from Lyme disease to HIV, MRI, CT scan on abdomen.  Everything came back negative.  In the past 3 months, I have lost 30 lbs.  I lead a healthy lifestyle up until May and my appetite just kind of died.  Before that I trained at the gym 4x a week, weight 211lbs (95kg), fitness coach and full time job.  No problems, didn’t feel as if I was doing too much.  If anyone has information or if you figure it out, please let me know.  
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

Thanks for sharing with us about yourself 

We are not medical professionals so can't give medical advice 

However other members may have some similar symptoms and be able to share with you thier experience 
  • Shastus
    Shastus Community member Posts: 65 Courageous
    Options
    Hi Kayden632 I had these symptoms many years ago and lots of tests it wasn’t until I had endoscopy and colonoscopy that Crohns was diagnosed I’m not saying that this is what you have hopefully the scopes find the problem. I lost a lot of weight (5st) too before being diagnosed. 

Brightness