Quick turnaround for report back to DWP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Quick turnaround for report back to DWP

buffy6956
buffy6956 Community member Posts: 29 Connected
edited July 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone 
I had my independent assessment yesterday then this morning I received a text from DWP to say they have received my report. During my assessment I mentioned to the health care professional that on my latest sick note my doctor had included “social anxiety” as part of my reason to be unable to work alongside my heart condition and had included it now due to me being unable to attend face to face appointments again for UC. She said she would add that to the report. I then called DWP today and asked them if I needed to send the sick note as proof of my social anxiety before they made a decision. She said she would look on the report and see if my assessor had added it to the report then confirmed yes she has put social anxiety on the report. I then asked could I have a copy of the report and she said yes that is possible however to be aware that if the DWP were to query any of the report then it would have to go back to the assessor again and a new report would be made. I declined to have the report sent at this time. Does this sound like good news (I’ve been awarded PIP or bad news ? Your thoughts and input would be much appreciated thankyou 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

Report are normally sent to dwp within a couple of days so this is normal 

You don't need to send fit notes for pip as it's about how you condition affects your functionality and not the diagnosis 

Nothing you have said is an indication of whether or not you will be successful and there is no way any of us would know 

It's up to the decision maker now

Let us know how you get on 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.