Hi, my name is tulisa. I have a PIP tribunal coming up. Do you think we'll get it? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is tulisa. I have a PIP tribunal coming up. Do you think we'll get it?

Comments

• tulisapavloff1
    tulisapavloff1 Community member Posts: 30 Listener
    further  evidence  has been  provided  in respect  of miss pavloff  appeal  the evidence  received  compries of an appeal  submission  from welfare  benefits  office and whilst this  has been reviewed  has no effect  on the appeal  submission  the secretary  state  postition  remains  what does it mean 
  • Peter99
    Peter99 Community member Posts: 65 Connected
    Ditto a telephone hearing. It bears no resemblance to a court hearing. It's a chat. Often a long chat but treat it as a chat and you'll be fine. Best advice is to not use it as an opportunity to "have your say" but rather to answer the questions as they come up. 

It may be your opinion that 6 points is not correct but at this point that's for the tribunal to decide. Some WRAs take appeal cases simply because they have been asked i.e. without assessing the merits but based on the not unreasonable idea that everyone deserves representation. Others, assess a case and pursue it to appeal because it is winnable (albeit with no guarantee it will win). You need to talk to your WRA and understand which they are and what your case is. There is absolutely no better way to lower anxiety in these circumstances than learning something new and understanding your own case. 

As I said earlier, forget this forum for this. You have an adviser. Go quiz them. 
    People often get into the trap the Tribunal is just an informal chat. No it is not. The proceedings a legal process where all rules of law applies. I always say to people not to be lured into a sense of security and to object to everything DWP says, argue with the Judge if necessary and to say everything that needs saying because you won't get another opportunity to do so.
  • Peter99
    Peter99 Community member Posts: 65 Connected
    @Username_removed
    You need to mind the tone of your replies as not to be misconstrued as bullying. It is wrong for you to say someone is writing a mess just because you disagree with them.
    FYI, the words "inquisitorial" and "adversarial" are interchangeable. Yes, the Tribunal would have to ask you lots of questions to take evidence but your opponent (DWP) can also produce evidence to prove you wrong or the Tribunal may choose not to believe you perticularly when your credibility is in doubt. Besides, if you don't oppose what the DWP is saying about you, it will be taken as you accept it. My point is:  The Tribunal is not as "informal" as it is cracked up to be.

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2021
    (Note, I apologise if any of this post appears to be missing or incorrectly formatted. I have just seen that part of the comment is missing when viewing it on the community, whereas it appears normal in the text box.)

While disagreement is natural when it comes to a subject like this, I'd like to remind everyone to ensure that is done in a respectful way towards each other, and in a tone that maintains a constructive discussion for everyone involved, most of all the OP.

I'm sure that Mike didn't intend his comment to come across as bullying @Peter99, and in fact he clarified that it was just his opinion. But I acknowledge that comments such as "Which may explain the mess you keep posting about on here. Oh dear" do not represent the kind of remarks conducive to a supportive and welcoming environment, so I'd just like to remind you @Username_removed to ensure that you consider how your tone may come across through an online forum.

@tulisapavloff1?

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Community member Posts: 542 Pioneering
    Can I just say as a member, I wouldn’t have said that @Username_removed post came across as bullying, more as pointing out that a poster had given wrong information. Mike gives the best advice on here, as he has years of experience and clearly knows what he is talking about. I’m sure I speak for others when I say that we would hate to lose Mike on here. 
    My opinion of course.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks @Leigh14 :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Girl_No1
    Girl_No1 Community member Posts: 152 Pioneering
    I agree with @Leigh14 - I had a long comment typed out this morning commenting, amongst other things, on the value of "objecting to everything DWP says" (as advised by @Peter99)

I've chosen to not comment on the other issues, but I still think it is important to note it may be unwise to make statements like that as some members have Autism-related conditions which means they will take this advice literally and could potentially argue even when DWP concede a point!   

On a personal level, I have found @Username_removed ' s advise excellent if a bit "too the point" at times :wink: - but do we have to acknowledge Mike brings a wealth of experience and he does this free of charge, often into the wee small hours!! :-D 
  • tulisapavloff1
    tulisapavloff1 Community member Posts: 30 Listener
     I have been  awarded  89 and 23 for pip 
  • Popdiva43
    Popdiva43 Community member Posts: 170 Pioneering
    @tulisapavloff1 I'm glad you won your award but have you got the calculations right the max is 84 on daily living, 
  • Emilyb81
    Emilyb81 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    Think twas maybe typo but my obsessive a@@ wont stop wondering how many it actually is?! Ridonculous huh? Lol ????
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2021
    Popdiva43 said:.. the max is 84 on daily living, 
    Enhanced Daily Living is £89.60/week.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Emilyb81
    Points i think she meant @calcotti ? ??
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2021
    Emilyb81 said:
    Points i think she meant @calcotti ? ??
     I have been  awarded  89 and 23 for pip 
    I read it as rounded figures of £89 Daily Living (enhanced) and £23 Mobility (standard) - actually £89.60 and £23.70.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Popdiva43
    Oh me bad I read it wrong ?
  • Emilyb81
    Oh ffs me too then! Sorreeee its friday in exhausted (honest) ????
  • Emilyb81
    Its hard enough for me to remember the day most of the time ???
  • Popdiva43
    @Emilyb81 we are two peas in a pod ???
  • Emilyb81
    Poor you then haha ? just kidding its nice to meet a fellow memory deficient ??❤️
  • Popdiva43
    @Emilyb81 if we put our 2 brains together we would be bloody dangerous ???
  • Emilyb81
    Knowing what i know about mine lethal I'd say ?❤️? have a fab weekend twin! And everyone xx

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.