ESA payment not gone in bank — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA payment not gone in bank

Options
salahort
salahort Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi any advice would be fab as I’m stressing out a lot 
i am in receipt of esa and just been awarded pip, I received back payment of pip last week and my esa payment is due in today and it’s not gone into my bank as it normally does, any ideas as why as nothing else has changed 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

We hear of lots members this happens to usually just a blip in the system 

All you can do is call them as soon as they are open 
  • salahort
    Options
    Hello 
    thank you for taking time to reply, I am very worried as to why, fingers crossed it is merely a blip. I’ve never had an issue before, I struggle immensely with anxiety having to call but I’ll attempt to be brave shortly and ring whoever to find out 

thanks again 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If your PIP includes a Daily Living and your ESA is income based, you live alone and no one claims Carer’s Allowance, or the carer element of UC, for looking after you then you can ask ESA about the Severe Disability Premium which will in crease your ESA entitlement.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • salahort
    Options
    Oh ok I haven’t heard of that before, I’m in support group for esa and enhanced daily living for pip, I don’t have any other support apart from my daughter who lives with me who’s at uni but living at home, so unsure if that makes any difference. 
    Thank you tho I’ll look into it 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2021
    Options
    salahort said:..my daughter who lives with me who’s at uni but living at home, 
    As your daughter lives with you then you will not be eligible for SDP.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @salahort

Welcome to the community, good to see you join us. Sorry to hear your ESA hasn't been paid in as normal, but hopefully it's just a straight forward system error and is resolved soon.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • molly3587
    molly3587 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    Hi mine was the same last week with esa give them a call as i was waiting in the que i received a apology of them and the payment went in with out speaking to them just say on the aoutomated question why you are calling no payment was really quick hope this helps
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Have you been able to give them a call @salahort? I can struggle with phone calls too, but I hope you've been able to get through to them :) 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.