Just 48 hours after assessment and DWP have received written report? - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Just 48 hours after assessment and DWP have received written report?

Options
13»

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community, @ilovecats!
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    ilovecats said:

Only accuracy based on the information they see in front of them.
    Assessors are required to follow the guidance set out by the DWP. Example of them failing to do this is evidenced in the many posts on this site.
    As for accuracy, you really have to be joking.

When psychiatric reports are put before them, the PIP2 explains what the impact is of it they still manage to find, in my case, 14 reasons  why I do not have a mental health problem.

I walked maybe 10 metres from the waiting room to the assessing room with a stick to support me. Evidence they had from the spinal unit described the tests I had and confirmed that based on those tests that I was limited to walk a maximum of 10/15 metres.
    Apparently because of that I was assessed as being able to walk 200 metres +
  • RABSTER_78
    RABSTER_78 Community member Posts: 31 Listener
    Options
    After reading that audit stuff I don't hold much hope on my award being raised as I only received a text message this morning from the DWP saying that they have now received my written report of which was nearly 3 weeks ago so on hearing what I have just read on here it sounds as if mine has been audited and that makes me worry that they have dabbled with mine as my assessment went well and the health professional seemed nice and honest and seemed to have a caring side and listened to what I and my companion that came to support me had to say ! I already receive standard care of pip since I was awarded it march 2019 but my physical and mental health conditions have worsened since then not only will I probably not get a higher award but I will probably lose what I am on and now am worried sick 
  • happyman
    happyman Community member Posts: 59 Courageous
    Options
    PIPnewbie said:
    This seems rather quick.  My girlfriend's assessment was Monday, but it's now around the same time as her assessment Monday, and the DWP has sent her a text saying they've received the written report.

Is this bad news?

what was the result of your award. i got my text the day after saying the same
  • RABSTER_78
    RABSTER_78 Community member Posts: 31 Listener
    Options
    I stayed on standard care and they awarded my enhanced mobility of which I am happy with ! now just waiting on my tribunal hearing for universal credit as they deemed me fit for work so I am hoping my award for pip specially getting the enhanced mobility will help my case
  • PIPnewbie
    PIPnewbie Community member Posts: 298 Pioneering
    Options
    happyman said:
    PIPnewbie said:
    This seems rather quick.  My girlfriend's assessment was Monday, but it's now around the same time as her assessment Monday, and the DWP has sent her a text saying they've received the written report.

Is this bad news?

what was the result of your award. i got my text the day after saying the same
    The original was 8 points daily living, 4 points mobility, ergo standard daily living and no mobility award.  Went to tribunal over 2 weeks ago and the award was 9 points daily living, 14 points mobility, so she retained the standard daily living but was awarded enhanced mobility.

Over 2 weeks later and she is still awaiting anything from the DWP though. Her PIP payment went in Thursday and it was the old rate.
  • smay86
    smay86 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    Hi I recently had my telephone assement on the 4/2/21 I recieved a text on the 10/2/21 to say they have recieved my report which I requested a copy of on the 15/2/21 and recieved on the 16/2/21 my report says I've been given 13 points for daily living but none for mobility seem very quick that they sent report out what are my chances of being awarded pip or could that all change when they make a decision don't see the point in doing assessments if they just going to refuse you ! Thanks 
  • kezhendo73
    kezhendo73 Community member Posts: 37 Courageous
    Options
    @lexxus16 I've just read your comment and it made so much sense to me 2-years ago i went to appeal after having my enhanced enhanced lowered to middle/low after 12-months of worry and stress i was given enhanced enhance back for the previous year and 2 years. 

Moving onto today I'm at the position of having my telephone consultation on Monday and then  receiving a text message on Tuesday to say that they had received my written report back , I thought it was rather quick so I've come into scope to look for advice and come across your comment I was going to wait till Monday to ring but maybe I would be better doing it today Friday. 
    After reading what you have written just give me a little bit of hope that's things just might be ok ?
  • kiki2020
    kiki2020 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Options
    Hi I have been audited for month and a half and have been calling capita every day pressuring them with their response to call clinical safeguarding. The report has been recieved by dwp today.  Whilst auditing my app was turned to a paper application after having the telephone assesment one month before. The whole process has been awful.  I dread the response 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.