Hi, my name is tulisa. I have a PIP tribunal coming up. Do you think we'll get it? - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is tulisa. I have a PIP tribunal coming up. Do you think we'll get it?

Comments

• tulisapavloff1
    tulisapavloff1 Community member Posts: 30 Listener
    When first payment after tribunal  win  
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @tulisapavloff1 :) The Citizens Advice website says
    If your appeal is successful, you’ll get an official notice in the post within a couple of weeks. You’ll receive your new amount of money every 4 weeks.

The DWP will also have to pay you everything they should have been paying you from the date of your claim. It normally takes 4 to 6 weeks for this money to come through.

I'm not sure whether that timeframe can vary though, as is often the case with benefits timescales!

Does that help?

National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    DWP have a right of appeal so they first have to decide whether or not they wish to request a Statement of Reasons and then appeal or whether they accept the decision and will put it into payment. Therefore timescale varies.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • tulisapavloff1
    Thanks you wait and see what happens in bank 
  • tulisapavloff1
    edited August 2021
     Dwp pip ask for my dad bank  details  and some questions what is it for  
  • Emilyb81
    Emilyb81 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    It would depend what the questions were i guess? But maybe to sort payment out if you haven't had it yet?
  • tulisapavloff1
  • tulisapavloff1
    Have I been abroad have I been in hospital  have been in care home 
  • Emilyb81
    Oh ok then they are probably working out what they owe you in arrears as those things affect what you are entitled to i believe?
  • Emilyb81
    I think if someone is in hospital for a couple of weeks for example then for those 2 weeks they wouodnt get pip because they wont of needed the help while in there as its provided for free? I could be wrong but i believe thats the sort of thing they will look at when working out how much you are owed as its been going on for a long time it would be quite a lot of arrears? But looks like you should be getting payment in near future ???
  • tulisapavloff1

How long take  for   for  money  to come in bank 
  • Emilyb81
    It takes 3 working days to clear normally but thats from when they put it into payment? We don't know when they are doing that so its not possible to guess? If you want to know you are probably best off phoning pip and asking them whats happening with it? Thry can give you more accurate information rather than people guessing etc? ??? Shouldn't think it eill be long now though hun as they are obviously looking at it now?
  • tulisapavloff1
    My dad calm  care allowance  how  long wait until hear anything  and how long until back payments    dwp  ask for my dad details 
  • calcotti
    Emilyb81 said:
    I think if someone is in hospital for a couple of weeks for example then for those 2 weeks they wouodnt get pip because they wont of needed the help while in there as its provided for free? I could be wrong but i believe thats the sort of thing they will look at when working out how much you are owed
    It is the 'sort of thing' they loom at but the detail of what you have posted is incorrect.
    Entitlement to be paid PIP stops after 28 days in hospital. Only whole days in hospital count as days in hospital so the days of admission and discharge do not count as days in hospital. Separate stays in hospital are added together if there is 28 days or less between the two stays. 
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Emilyb81
    edited August 2021
    So its carers allowance not pip? Honestly hun the best thing to do is call and speak to DWP because they will be able to answer your questions more accurately and give you right information? Can you or your dad call them and ask if they have sorted payment out yet? And if not when will it be in your bank? ??
  • tulisapavloff1
  • Emilyb81
    edited August 2021
    Oh ok i knew it was something to do with working out whats owed etc but had no idea had to be in there that long?! So thanks @calcotti ?? well i hope you manage to find out the answers to your questions @tulisapavloff1 and also hope you get your money asap! ☀️
  • Emilyb81
    edited August 2021
    Oh ok i thought they were the ones who can say if payments been made as they told me when i called when it would be in my account and how much it was? But I've never used welfare rights so had no experience with them? I just thought PIP or ESA (dwp)  would know the answers to lots of these questions that get asked on here? Well more than people on here as they have the claim in front of them? And people on here can only guess or say what happened to them but its rarely the same!
    I apologise for getting it wrong (again)??? i really should stay out if things more because it seems when I offer advice based on my own experiences it turns out to be incorrect or misleading ☹️ thats why ive been trying not to comment much recently as worried il make someone do the wrong things etc! I mean well but i have commented a couple of times since yesterday and its looking like i should of kept my mouth closed but its ok i get that a lot in life ?? i am trying to just let other more experienced members answer people i just like to help if i can and jump in always been that way! 
    Anyhoo thankyou for helping me too and sorry again!
  • tulisapavloff1
    Can you go  on holiday   when  on benefits  how long for 
  • calcotti
    edited August 2021
    Can you go  on holiday   when  on benefits  how long for 
    Rules are different for different benefits and depending on whether in UK or abroad.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.