Hi, my name is universalcredit! What do I need to do to get LCWRA? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is universalcredit! What do I need to do to get LCWRA?

Options
universalcredit
universalcredit Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited July 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
So I’ve just got my sick note accepted for 3 month that I can’t  work due to my anxiety and depression and I’ve put it on my Uc journal that’s I’ve reported a sick note and i heard that’s I could be eligible for a extra benefit of £348 if Im unable to work, once currently waiting for my pip decision and it’s  been about 4 month so hoping to hear back from them soon as well, thanks for reading
Tagged:

Comments

• universalcredit
    universalcredit Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    What do I need to do in order to get this £348 on top of my universal credit? 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

Your work coach should refer you for a work capability assessment after 28 days 

You will then be sent a uc50 form to complete 

You will then have an assessment and them decision maker will decide if you are awarded lcwra 

Only if you are awarded lcwra will you get the additional payment 

The process is similar to pip but different criteria 

You may have a long wait as there are huge backlogs 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @universalcredit - & welcome to the community. As Jane says, you need to complete a UC50 form; there's nothing you can do but wait unfortunately to go through the process. Hope it's not too long, & you find out about your PIP decision too. :)
  • avakarlsson
    avakarlsson Community member Posts: 333 Courageous
    Options
    Hi I am waiting to hear about my work capability as I applied 10 months ago and still waiting to hear from the upper tribunal about awarding me LWCRA as I can't work due to my chronic severe pain my disability and mental health. 

I got another update on Tuesday to say I should get my award letter within the next 1/2 weeks. I am just hoping and praying I get LWCRA then it will be backdated the payment from when I first appealed, then DWP will do the payment side. 

Just hope it isn't too long wait for you either 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @universalcredit and welcome to the community, I hope you are well today. 

As mentioned above, you will be referred for a work capability assessment (WCA) and will be required to fill out the UC50 form. In case things take a bit longer than normal, ensure you continue to send in fit notes to cover the assessment period.

Hope it goes well, and fingers crossed you hear back about your UC and PIP sooner rather than later. If you have anything else to ask about this subject, or the online community, don't hesitate to ask.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.