Work capability assessment results....taken april!! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Work capability assessment results....taken april!!

Options
ShelleyT
ShelleyT Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited August 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi, my son is autistic and elective mute and on UC he was sent for a work capability assessment, he was given this as an over the phone appointment with us in april. The appointment want well and the nurse who did it seemed to be very confident in a quick response because of his complex needs. However we still haven't heard anything , we were told by someone who didn't understand why we hadn't heard anything that we would have it all sorted by mid june, his advisor tried to chase it up at the late end of june,beginning of July but couldn't get anywhere. How much longer will this take to be sorted? I understand there was a backlog but obviously it's been a while now. Is this how everyone else is ??

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Hi @ShelleyT

I'm afraid it is the picture we're seeing at the moment.  Our members recently started this thread about the different timescales they've faced with the LCWRA process if you want to take a look.  As you can see, it varies by region and is caused by the fall-out of the pandemic and ongoing restrictions, DWP staff being ill, self-isolating and much more.

I hope it's not too long for you now, try to hang on in there and we'll keep our fingers crossed for you.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • ShelleyT
    ShelleyT Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    Thank you for the quick reply. It's stressful but I'm glad that we aren't the only ones in the boat! The job centre keeps putting hassle into us to attend appointments etc and I've finally managed to get to have a phone appointment for him (hypersensitive to light and sound,anxiety around people etc so going out is hard at the best of times) because their end is so far behind in cases etc and the requirements for his work commitments alter once it's sorted. It's a nightmare! 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

I suggest if you haven't done so already to put a note in his journal mark it payment or service issue and ask what is happening 

By doing this the message should be picked up by his case manager 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.