Awaiting PIP decision by text, told to call to have the decision read over the phone? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Awaiting PIP decision by text, told to call to have the decision read over the phone?

Options
frightenedautistic
frightenedautistic Community member Posts: 21 Connected
Hello all, my name is Rebecca and I'm new here, I'm late-diagnosed autistic (ASD), struggle with depression and anxiety and suspected Irlen Syndrome.

My lovely mum has been helping me apply for Personal Independence Payment and we've been working on it since February this year.

My mum is also my appointee, so when it came to assessment time, she spoke on my behalf because I struggle to get my words out on the phone, I could barely speak and the assessor couldn't see me pacing during the call or on the verge of meltdown, so I tried to hold it together, and at the end of the assessment, the assessor asked me some maths questions, some of them I just didn't understand because they were about money, the assessment lasted an hour and 25 minutes.

My mum has been calling to check on my application, and today we have been told that my assessment report is with the Case Manager and that I should hear by text message (which I think will go to my mum's phone because I don't cope well with surprise texts), but they also told my mum if we hadn't heard anything, to call back next Tuesday and the decision can be read out over the phone.

Does anyone have any experience of this? Is it good or bad news, by next Tuesday, it will have been almost 4 weeks since my assessment.

I'm so sorry for rambling so much on my first post here, but I'd be grateful for any help or advice.

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.