Hi, my name is Keithyboy70! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Keithyboy70!

Options
Keithyboy70
Keithyboy70 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi I’ve been suffering severe depression and anxiety after a mental breakdown 9 odd years ago. I lost my job in Royal Mail, my friends and most of my family. Phew can’t believe I just said that. 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community Feel free to join in or ask any questions 

Im sorry for what you have been through it's very friendly here 

I look forward to seeing you around 
  • Keithyboy70
    Options
    Thank you so much, just feeling my way here, I’ve never tried forums before.
  • katy94
    katy94 Community member Posts: 16 Listener
    Options
    Hi and welcome to this lovely community. There are so many people here who give great advice and people who are great listeners. As someone who has suffered with both anxiety and depression I’d be happy to talk to you anytime.xx
  • Keithyboy70
    Options
    Thank you so very much katy94, I may just take you up on your offer. 
  • Anne_2021
    Anne_2021 Community member Posts: 22 Connected
    Options
    Welcome to a great group. 
    Sometimes its hard to admit to Yourself what going on. But it does help ? . I myself have had problems over many years. (I am still here ?) you need to find that chink in the armour and make it a little bigger. During lockdown mine was my gardening. And sometimes a good scream.  It helps aswell. I live in the middle of nowhere. That helps aswell for screaming ?
    Have a lovely day ?
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Keithyboy70

Welcome to the community, good to see you join us and I hope you enjoy being here :) 

Sorry to hear about what you've been through, you've done superb in speaking about it, I understand how hard that can be. 

Have you received any support to recover from those incidents and manage your mental health? Is your GP aware of your condition and are they helping you?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Keithyboy70 - welcome to the community, & I'm so pleased you have joined. As you will see from the messages above, this is both a friendly & supportive community with members that understand, which is oh so important.
    I'm somewhat fortunate in that I share the same genetic disorder with my family (children & grandchildren) so altho we're affected differently, there's some understanding. Mine is also a hidden disorder, so there's less understanding elsewhere.
    I can identify with some of the above posts; gardening helps me enormously, as I rarely go anywhere, but also the simple things such as feeling the sunshine, watching birds, or exchanging a few words with my neighbours.
    My one & only friend used to work for Royal Mail, from being a postie to working as a manager. He retired early to look after his wife, who suffers from schizophrenia, but it's obvious he misses his job rather a lot. My best wishes too.

Brightness