Check out our new dating and sex tips - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Check out our new dating and sex tips

Options
124»

Comments

• csno01
    csno01 Community member Posts: 390 Pioneering
    Options
    I researched some articles and blogs and found this site about dating.
    Are any of these sites for disabled people? 
  • peteofherts
    peteofherts Scope Member Posts: 16 Connected
    Options
    What a ridiculous taboo surrounds disability, sex, sexuality.  And when combined together people just can't cope.  I posted on Quora "What would you rather be: gay or disabled?" and got banned twice!  I might go for a 3rd (and final) ban!

So, I will attempt the question here.  I am born Gay, Disabled, Catholic.  Each category presents challenges, and each is not mutually exclusive.  I am not overly religious, but Catholicism does stay within you.

Is being gay harder than being disabled?  Is being disabled harder than being gay?  Is being disabled and sexual difficult full-stop?  Will we, disabled & sexual/gay, ever know?

• steve39
    steve39 Community member Posts: 53 Connected
    Options
    sex is not good, you have to be able bodied :(

That's such a way to go through life feeling that way because you have really been missing out on something that is extra special , not only was I lucky enough to have a relationship with a redhead Thalidomide girl who's hands came out of her elbow's /(from the age 20 to 30) i also had a short spell with a anorexia/bulimic who had her jaw wired up while she was working behind the bar and they both would have shown you that you are completely a hundred per cent wrong in thinking that you have to have a fully formed body to enjoy sex, as it's not What you have got that count's but how you Chose to Use it 
  • steve39
    steve39 Community member Posts: 53 Connected
    Options
    sex is not good, you have to be able bodied :(

That's such a sad way to go through life feeling that way because you have really been missing out on something that is extra special , not only was I lucky enough to have a relationship with a redhead Thalidomide girl who's hands came out of her elbow's /(when i was from the age 20 to 30) i also had a short spell with a anorexia/bulimic at the white hart pub  had her jaw wired up even while she was working behind the bar and they both would have shown you that you are completely a hundred per cent wrong in thinking that you have to have a fully formed body to enjoy sex, as it's not What you have got that count's but how you Chose to Use it 
  • krippled
    krippled Community member Posts: 18 Connected
    Options
    MKMale said:
    I am starting to feel like I will be single for the rest of my life. As a single straight male with health issues, I feel like no one wants to consider a date with me. Even getting a reply from anyone is almost impossible..

I felt exactly the same way for a very long time.
    Whose going to want to date a 42yo bloke with immense back, leg and knee issues who also takes enough medication to knock out a horse.

One evening someone who I went to primary school with saw my online profile and messaged me, cut a long story short, we've now been together for 5 months

Obviously due to neurological issues the lead doesn't work properly in the pencil and after a few dates and staying over, the issue arose or should I say it didn't.  I thought that was that and the morning after  would've been an 'I'll call you" sort of situation. However I couldn't of been more wrong, because she knew about my back, she was extremely understanding and told me it's something we could figure out together..  She's a unicorn with decent taste in music too..

Don't be to quick to dismiss yourself 

• Puja
    Puja Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 104 Courageous
    Options
    Online dating is a minefield and has such a toll on my anxiety and adhd and rsd too. Kinda wish I hadn’t joined a dating site and don’t think I can handle all the emotions and even though you het that small hit of dopamine the anxiety and stress and energy draining not sure its worth it tbh 
    My Pronouns are (She/Her & They/Them)

I have lived experience of ND conditions, chronic pain, mental health & well-being, PIP, ESA, employment and benefits. 

😊 Why not fundraise for SCOPE for free while you shop online 💜💛 🎅🏻 💷💸 🍯💻 📱🛒 🛍️ 📦 

SCOPE ebay shop (online)

Brightness