Heat — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Heat

peach
peach Community member Posts: 8 Listener
i filled a sock with rice  tied the end and one min in microwave 
then placed on my spine 
relief  from pain 
no paying out for heat pads 

Comments

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @peach

Thanks for sharing this tip with others who may also benefit from it. I know heat can be beneficial when I am having a chronic pain flare-up. Have any of our community members found this beneficial or found another strategy that works best for them?
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @L_Volunteer

This post is from over 2 years ago 

Would also warn against putting anything heated in a microwave onto your body as there can be patches of high heat that could cause harm 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @janer1967

Thanks for your response. Yes, I will be focusing on newer posts from today. Yesterday I was focused on ensuring everyone had at least one response  :) Moving forwards, is there anything you have found effective for dealing with your chronic pain?
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi again 

I don't have chronic pain 

Brightness