Moved into a house and the kitchen isn't accessible. Who can help? OT ignored plea for DFG — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Moved into a house and the kitchen isn't accessible. Who can help? OT ignored plea for DFG

Options
Greg75
Greg75 Community member Posts: 15 Connected
We moved into an association house and the kitchen is hard for me to use , i.e cupboards at corner l can't get into , the cooker is very low so no able to use properly would need on wall and have limited cupboard space and they are rammed with things falling out when opened . Is there any charity that can help as OT ignored my pleas for a disabled facilities grant ? Thank you 
Tagged:

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,726 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Did the OT give reasons for refusing to help?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,697 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    As it's a housing association property have you spoke to them?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Greg75
    Options
    She said as my wife does most cooking etc l don't need but it means l can do nothing and makes me frustrated she didn't really care The housing said they can't do anything 
  • abbyk41
    abbyk41 Community member Posts: 96 Connected
    Options
    Did you not see property as I thought you have two refusals as I took this flat as I knew it was made for my disibilities

• Greg75
    Options
    Everything perfect but never realised how difficult kitchen would be 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    When you say the cooker is too low what exactly do you mean? Cookers are usually standard height.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • realestate
    realestate Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Options
    What do you mean by "cooker is too low"? Also didn't you checked the property before moving into it?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    didn't you checked the property before moving into it?
    That question was already asked and answered here...
    Greg75 said:
    Everything perfect but never realised how difficult kitchen would be 

Brightness