Moved into a house and the kitchen isn't accessible. Who can help? OT ignored plea for DFG — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Moved into a house and the kitchen isn't accessible. Who can help? OT ignored plea for DFG

Options
Greg75
Greg75 Community member Posts: 15 Connected
We moved into an association house and the kitchen is hard for me to use , i.e cupboards at corner l can't get into , the cooker is very low so no able to use properly would need on wall and have limited cupboard space and they are rammed with things falling out when opened . Is there any charity that can help as OT ignored my pleas for a disabled facilities grant ? Thank you 
Tagged:

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,655 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Did the OT give reasons for refusing to help?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,222 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    As it's a housing association property have you spoke to them?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Greg75
    Options
    She said as my wife does most cooking etc l don't need but it means l can do nothing and makes me frustrated she didn't really care The housing said they can't do anything 
  • abbyk41
    abbyk41 Community member Posts: 96 Connected
    Options
    Did you not see property as I thought you have two refusals as I took this flat as I knew it was made for my disibilities

• Greg75
    Options
    Everything perfect but never realised how difficult kitchen would be 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    When you say the cooker is too low what exactly do you mean? Cookers are usually standard height.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • realestate
    realestate Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Options
    What do you mean by "cooker is too low"? Also didn't you checked the property before moving into it?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    didn't you checked the property before moving into it?
    That question was already asked and answered here...
    Greg75 said:
    Everything perfect but never realised how difficult kitchen would be 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.