Hello all. I have Fibromyalgia, CFS/ME, diabetes and chronic depression. I'm looking to make friends — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello all. I have Fibromyalgia, CFS/ME, diabetes and chronic depression. I'm looking to make friends

Options
Rozanne
Rozanne Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited September 2021 in Start here and say hello!
I have recently been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia/CFS, ME and diabetes.  I also have had chronic depression for many years now.  I am in Ipswich and live alone with no family or friends in England, so it has been quite a rocky ride.  I am looking to make friends but find it difficult to get out and about so hoping this is the best route.  

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community Feel free to join in or ask any questions 

Thanks for sharing with us about yourself it is difficult when you are on your own 

This is a very friendly and supportive community and always people about 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Rozanne - & welcome to the community. Thank you for joining & sharing about yourself. I had a look online, & found this link, which might be of interest too: https://www.meetup.com/cities/gb/n5/ipswich/

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Rozanne :) Thanks for joining. 

I'm sure it must be difficult to live with those conditions at times, especially when you don't have any family or friends in England. Are you receiving enough support from your medical team to help you manage your conditions, including your depression? 

As Janer1967 has said, please feel free to take a look around and get involved. If you're looking to connect with our friendly members through some casual chit chat, the coffee lounge would be the best place to start. You can view all of the categories of discussion we have here on the categories page, and can also view a list of the most recent discussions across all of the categories.

Give us a shout if you need anything!

National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • MissMarple
    MissMarple Community member Posts: 187 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Rozanne and welcome to the community.

I can relate to the difficulties you face when trying to make friends while having ME. I’m currently housebound and even struggling to maintain my existing friendships. Are you getting any help for depression?
  • Rozanne
    Options
    Thank you, everyone, for your warm welcome :-) I will take a look at that website :-)  I have been very blessed with my Drs here, they are very supportive and understanding.  They referred me for counselling for depression so I am receiving that too.  
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's great to hear @Rozanne :) How have you been finding the counselling? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Rozanne
    Options
    Hello Tori, it is going well, I have a lovely counsellor from Wellbeing Suffolk. I have been very blessed with my medical and mental health support :-)

Brightness