Assessment was only yesterday and have been told DWP have written report. Is that too quick? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Assessment was only yesterday and have been told DWP have written report. Is that too quick?

Maybeimcrazy
Maybeimcrazy Community member Posts: 48 Connected
edited September 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all, and thank you for taking the time to read, my question, i had my P.I.P assessment yesterday at 1.p.m, at 8.00 a.m this morning, ive received a text saying... We've received the written report!! That's not even 24 hours? That seems super quick? Is that normal? I was so stressed yesterday, because i do t sleep to good, and i was crying at the start of the assessment because i was so worked up about it all. But yes i just feel that was super quick now im sat wondering is that a bad outcome for me. Does this also mean it's with the person who makes a decision for P.I.P or can someone give me some hope or faith please. 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

It is normal for the report to be returned same or next day as the assessors are producing the report during the assessment 

It will go to the decision maker and should take around 8 to 10 weeks for a decision 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

It doesn't mean anything other than the report has been returned to DWP. Some are returned the same day, other times it takes longer. No, it doesn't necessarily mean it's with a decision maker either. Backlogs are huge so a decision can take anything from 2 - 12 weeks, sometimes longer.
    Some choose to ring DWP to request a copy of the report, others choose not too because of the increased anxiety it causes. If you do request it, you must remember that it's part of your evidence and just a recommendation only. It's not the decision.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Maybeimcrazy
    Thank you both for replying to me, that makes me feel abit better now and just one other question if anyone maybe able to help with, does it help asking for a copy? This is all new to me, I'm not sure if that's a good idea as it says i don't need to contact them only if something has changed ta x 
  • poppy123456
    It seems to cause a lot more anxiety for a lot of people, so whether you request it, is entirely your decision.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Maybeimcrazy
  • idontlikeliving
    idontlikeliving Community member Posts: 119 Courageous
    If you do request it, you must remember that it's part of your evidence and just a recommendation only. It's not the decision.       ….. good morning poppy, what do you mean by this? @poppy123456
  • Maybeimcrazy
    Sorry I'm just new to this, struggle to take in information, i have another question, the women asked me, what age i left school and did i have any GCSEs ? And if i had a dog or any pets, i paused on them questions because i didn't understand why she asked me them, and what it has to do with P.I.P also she had asked me, if someone training could listen in.. I felt so embarrassed with some of the questions she asked, and i forgot they not only one person but two strangers, must think i don't have a life are they normal questions to ask someone? Thank you for reading and helping me x
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2021
    If you do request it, you must remember that it's part of your evidence and just a recommendation only. It's not the decision.       ….. good morning poppy, what do you mean by this? @poppy123456
    The report forms part of the evidence looked at by the DWP to decide what your entitlement (if any) is. The decision is commonly the same as the recommendation in the report but not always.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    They ask general questions so they can get as much information as possible about how your conditions affect you. For example, someone may say they're unable to walk very far or they don't go outside, so they may ask if you have a dog, which could indicate that you take them for a walk.
  • Maybeimcrazy
    Oh ok thank you they makes sense 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello, now that you have had your assessment wait a week then phone DWP and request a copy of your assessment report and on receiving it you can work out what your award may should be but you still have to wait until you receive your official award notification letter.
  • Maybeimcrazy
    Hi @wilko thank you for the input, I'll call them next Friday or Monday, i was unsure about it but it seems alot of people are doing this. To get some type of idea what the out come will be. I am very new to this PIP world so I'm super grateful for any help or advice. This seems like a real friendly community ?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.