Virtual buffet as me and bump say bye... for now - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Virtual buffet as me and bump say bye... for now

2»

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Beware of getting hit with pee lol 

When changing a boy especially.  When fresh air gets to them this causes them to wee

Open the nappy first let air get to them then cover back up with nappy before you actually take it off to change 
  • Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    @janer1967 :D
    Yep, I'd forgotten that bit!
    Every flippin time...lol
    Also similar thing happening to your boobs should you be breast feeding...any baby crying anywhere would set you off as it were!  :#
    Happy days...lol
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
     :D  I can't wait (!) and y'ouch 11 pounds <crosses legs>  :D  

All helpful tips, thank you and @vikingqueen what a gloriously peaceful birth that sounds!  I think mine may be more reminiscent of Cassandra on Only Fools and Horses, but I'll try and channel my inner relaxation, serenity and deep breathing! 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Community member Posts: 542 Pioneering
    Good luck @Cher_Scope. Such wonderful, exciting times ahead for you.
    All the very best xx
  • MissMarple
    MissMarple Community member Posts: 187 Pioneering
    Wishing you all the best @Cher_Scope. Hope everything goes well for you and the baby.
  • nandbkieren
    nandbkieren Community member Posts: 13 Listener
    All the best for you and the little one. And thank you for your kindness. :)
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 6,623 Disability Gamechanger
    Awww Cher can’t believe it’s time already. I wish you and your husband all the best and yous will smash this.?❤️

Babys weight  8lb 5 ? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Just stopping by to wish you and your husband all the best in your new chapter. It's definitely not easy but it will be worth it for sure! A bundle of pure joy!! Birth weight guess is 8Ib 3. Do come back and share some pictures please. Take care of yourself and "bump" <3
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    How time flies, best wishes @Cher_Scope hope all goes well, put your feet up now ! 
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,808 Disability Gamechanger
    wishing you all the very best, take care of yourself, you will be missed xx
  • Justcheckingin15
    Justcheckingin15 Community member Posts: 370 Pioneering
    @Cher_Scope..One of my children was not far off 12lbs....?
  • Justcheckingin15
    Justcheckingin15 Community member Posts: 370 Pioneering
    Not long joined this forum.. but always enjoyed your posts. One tip I have...Dont compare your little one, with other kids of same age.One will walk faster...speak earlier..cut teeth quickly..Sleep through the night at a young age.They will all  reach their milestones in their own time.Also...look after you..take pics by the shed load...and..sit back and enjoy that special time with your little Miracle...At a guess.. I will say...7lbs 10ozs....Hope to see you back..down the line.?
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    I have had ten children the sleep thing the secret is to sleep when they do and get them into a routine as soon as possible  if you know your baby has been changed fed and winded don't rush to pick them up as they learn that if they cry they get picked up 

Give your baby a nice bath jest before their feed at around 7 ish depending what time their  feed is 

It is harder when you have visitors as people are picking baby up lol

As long as you are calm and happy and get a routine going you will be fine 

Good luck and have a lovely time time with your baby 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Cher - I'm definitely going to miss you; your posts have been thoughtful, helpful, & always showed such lovely empathy. You've meant a lot to us, & many, many members I'm sure, so thank you for all you've done.
    If you're anything like me, if you get the urge to cook a whole chicken, make a jelly, & clean the kitchen floor, you're definitely imminent! Walk around lots (as ever gravity assists), & do try the breathing exercise I'm forever going on about, & you'll be fine.
    Baby's routine is the one that you pick up on, & I do hope you try breastfeeding....it's a very special, close feeling & time for Mum & baby; Dads can always change nappies, & bring you food.....not necessarily in that order.
    I look forward to hearing about your son's safe arrival (8lbs, I'm guessing), & my best wishes to you & your husband.  <3
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,787 Disability Gamechanger
    Wow good luck @Cher_Scope. I'm going to guess at 8 pound ? 
  • easy
    easy Scope Member Posts: 670 Pioneering
    All the best cher. I think 6lb 2oz a nice size for a new mum. Heres to happy times.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Ahh what lovely messages to read and look back on  <3  They are all appreciated and really sum up the heart of this community so a massive thank you from me.

As I'm booked up for the rest of my last day, I'll bid you a fond farewell ::waves:: Have a lovely weekend and enjoy these last bits of sun peeking through! 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness