Hi, my name is omma! I've applied for PIP three times — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is omma! I've applied for PIP three times

Options
omma
omma Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited September 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hi basically I applied 3 times last two refused now waiting result but please dont understand wrong Im not trusting who is decide PIP I had three surgeries and still going physiotherapy and Im using seven medication and they are my repeat medication on next week they will add one more and I need afew more surgeries but they gave me zero point Can you believe that ? I think PIP helping people after life . Im trying to get PIP in two years but I wont gave up Im waiting again result after I will apply court .this time I applied with citizen advice before two Enfiled council worker helped me for apply and fill the form think about it everybody trying to help me for get PIP except PIP worker realy I don't understand what can we do anymore someone has to check them thank you 

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @omma and welcome to the community, good to see you join us.

Sorry to hear that you have been unsuccessful so far with your claims for PIP, but hopefully this time around it goes your way. It's good that you received support with filling out the form and I hope you found that helpful.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,193 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI and welcome,

If you continue to re-apply using the same evidence you've previously used then a refusal is likely each time. Have you ever taken it to Tribunal? If you haven't then this is what you should do this time. Although it's not guaranteed that you're entitled to PIP unfortunately.
    This is because it's not awarded based on any diagnosis or the amount of medication you take. It's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activities based on the PIP descriptors.
    You can have a disability but not qualify for PIP because if you don't fit the descriptors you won't score the points for an award.
    What you should do is get some expert advice to see if you do qualify for certain. For this start here. https://advicelocal.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    As above you need to appeal a decision of you keep applying and get refused then either you don't qualify or you are not presenting your case sufficient 

They will see you just keep applying rather than challenging the decision 
  • omma
    Options
    Hi I forgot to tell I applied 3 times but not same reason when I apply my health issues change or I had new surgery and I spoke my gp today my doctor said it goes forever  till die I have both hands problem I had surgery it didn't help and both shoulders I had surgery left shoulder back pain both knees problem hemorrhoids and urin problem and more if it's not enough get PIP they have to cancel PIP and I got health assessment 1 year ego but still waiting Council house to I need little bit comfortable one bedroom house with bath thanks for advice 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,193 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Having surgery can sometimes go against you when claiming PIP, especially if your condition is expected to improve from the surgery. Part of the criteria for PIP is you must expect your conditions to last at least 9 months. You can have multiple conditions but still not be entitled to anything. It really depends on how those conditions affect you against the PIP descriptors.
    As you've applied multpile times then my advice is get some expert advice.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • omma
    Options

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.