Capita keep putting phone down before I can get to the phone for my assessment. Anyone else? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Capita keep putting phone down before I can get to the phone for my assessment. Anyone else?

vonnie23
vonnie23 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited November 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I'm new to scope, I am having major problems with Capita over telephone assessment,the assessment failed twice, because the assessor is not allowing the phone long enough to ring for me to answer it.i have cerebellar ataxia neuropathy vestibular areflexia and chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy, my hand eye coordination is terrible,my sight reduced by 40% ..the assessor when calling hear the ring at their end but it's delayed ring at mine,so because I don't answer literally with seconds they are putting the phone down,classing it as a missed call...Has anyone else had this experience

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @vonnie23 :) Thanks for joining. Just to let you know, I've renamed your post slightly and moved it into our PIP category.

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having this problem. Is it a landline you're using? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • vonnie23
    Yes it is a landline, my husband even did a test call (as capita use witheld number,we made sure that wasn't barred)
    The issue is,they allegedly ring,but my phone doesn't ring just flashed up missed call witheld number.when we did test call from Mobile, on the mobile you hear ringing,but the landline does not ring immediately there's a delay..
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    Sounds like there could be problems with your phone. Have you tried a different phone? Do you have a mobile number that they can ring you on?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • vonnie23
    There's nothing wrong with my phone,I have had test calls done by BT,also by neighbours..BT say they believe Capita when they call it comes via the phone exchange and Capita are cancelling the call after two rings,which is not enough to come through to my landline...We are in rural Lincolnshire we do not get a mobile signal in the house
  • vonnie23
     I have informed capita of this by 4 emails,no response,even sent a video of a neighbor using there mobile ( they're on different network)ringing my number,you can hear ringing,but my landline doesn't ring for at least 4 rings after... I informed them by phone,also informed PIP, it falls on deaf ears..it is though getting very distressing now
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @vonnie23 :) I was just wondering whether you managed to get your assessment sorted in the end? Sorry that we didn't have many other suggestions for you, and that you didn't manage to get a response from Capita.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.