Lcwra payments — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lcwra payments

hopefaith
hopefaith Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hello I applied for uc in July last year 2020 , I have been handing in my sick notes since I applied however they only sent me a health assessment form around June this year 2021 snd then I had my WCA a few weeks ago and have been put in lcwra . 
Does this mean I will get backdated payment from last year based on providing sick notes since I joined uc or bescuse they didn’t even send me a health form to fill out until June this year will they say it starts from then ? 

Also , the sick notes I was providing was all just dates Inputting into my journal bescuse of COVID-19 it only states on your journal “provide for note” so I wrote doctors name and dates ( every 3 months my gp had given me ) is this input on journal of this basic information classed as my evidence ? 

Any advise would be appreciated 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,368 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2021
    There's a 3 full month assessment period waiting time and the LCWRA is then paid from the 4th month. Without knowing the exact dates of your assessment periods and exactly when you reported your health condition it's impossible to say exactly when the payments will be from. As a guide expect either October/Novemeber 2020, providing there were no gaps in your fit notes.
    Yes, through out Covid DWP were just asking for details of the fit notes but you should keep hold of them all just incase they ask for them sometime in the future.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • hopefaith
    Thankyou that’s great . 
    Does the back dated pay happen on your next payment after you’ve been awarded . So I was awarded on the 12th and I’m due my uc monthly payment on the 26th will I get this payment on 26th for lcwra ? or is a backdated payment and lcwra monthly payment paid separate to your normal date thankyou 
  • poppy123456
    You should get the extra £343 from your next payment, if you don't then you will receive it in with your backdated money. Backdated money is usually paid separately but it can sometimes take a few weeks.
    You should be aware that they will recalculate your statements to work out how much money they owe you. Once they do this you will lose all your current ones so if you want to keep those you need to make sure you take screen shots and save them.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,836 Scope online community team
    Hello @hopefaith, could I just ask, when you say you were reporting them on your journal do you mean you were typing the details onto your journal or were you doing it via the 'report a fit note' button? 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • hopefaith
    Report a fit note :)
  • hopefaith
    It’s just shown on my payments on uc the £343 has been applied for this month ( decision was made on 3rd September for lcwra ) and monthly payments for us is 26th so they have given the lcwra payment and none of the other statements from the previous 7-8 months have changed does this mean it won’t be backdated ? Or is it done separate thankyou 
  • poppy123456
    edited September 2021
    As advised here.
     Backdated money is usually paid separately but it can sometimes take a few weeks.

Also take note of this...

You should be aware that they will recalculate your statements to work out how much money they owe you. Once they do this you will lose all your current ones so if you want to keep those you need to make sure you take screen shots and save them.

• hopefaith
    Thankyou , if I call them would they tell me the dates I’m entiteled a backdate from and too or does this take weeks to figure out too thankyou 
  • poppy123456
    Calling them isn't going to help. You need to wait for them to calculate what is owed and when from.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.