Hi, my name is Etr_78! I need some advice about my benefits — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Etr_78! I need some advice about my benefits

Options
Etr_78
Etr_78 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited September 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi everyone...I first had my disability Assestment on 03/05/19...then they havent given me 15 points to get(i got slipped discs,depression issues and have pip mewnhile) ,so i appealed against it and Her majesty court found me LCW in 07/05/20,then also recommended DWP not to reasses me for a year period,but after few weeks of decision by Her majesty court ,DWP rang me for a assestment....i then reminded the person on phone about decision by court decision saying they shouldnt reassess me for 12 months,by the time decision given,so,he said i should better accept it,i said its ok..then i had it on the phone.i was ,after sometime,a month or bit longer,DWP started paying me for LWCRA,but when i was asking for backdated,they kept saying ,i was found LCW since i was on UC ,but ,meanwhile i kept giving my sicknotes all the time,till her majesty court ruled i was LCW ,then i got a message from jobcenter saying i dont need to provide sick notes anymore...so DWP says im not enttitl;ed for backdated amount,but i think i should..need some help and advice ,thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,030 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2021
    Options
    HI,

It sounds like DWP started the review process for another assessment, which they can do anytime from 3 months. Even though the Tribunal recommended you not be reassessed for 12 months, this is just a guide and is not set in stone.
    As DWP started the reassessment then the LCWRA element starts from the assessment period in which in the decision was made. This means there is no backdated money to pay you.
    The good news is that you will continue to receive the extra £343 per month going forward.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The tribunal determined that you had LCW - there is no extra money for LCW.
    DWP have later reassessed you as LCWRA for which you do get extra money - from the date of the DWP decision.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.