Jay's poem about missed by lockdown — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Jay's poem about missed by lockdown

Globster
Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,355 Disability Gamechanger
Jay's poem about missed by lockdown

Whilst struggling to play his video games and never claimed to be the best video gamer, he has missed not volunteering, not seeing his family and friends.

As he is spending time helping people in an online scope community who need help.

Jay felt a sense of happiness by helping others.

He smothers self-doubt, that sometimes rears its ugly head as he laid in bed.

Jay listened to his music which kept him calm.

As he got sweaty palms whenever he was nervous about going outside to meet people once again.

I  really missed not seeing the Stoke Park, writing group.

As I scoop my confidence, enter my poetry writing into different opportunities through the Scope online community.

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Comments

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Globster

Thanks for sharing your poem with us, it was beautifully written. I am sure many of us can relate to your poem. Your poem also helped to highlight the strength of the Scope online community as it has been a safe haven for many of us who have experienced changes, had to isolate, needed support when services have been shut or had to shield with loved ones. I feel really fortunate to be a part of Scope's online community as it is a supportive environment. I will look forward to hearing more of your poems in the future if you would like to continue sharing them with us  :) And please remember, we are all here for one another! 
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Justcheckingin15
    Justcheckingin15 Community member Posts: 370 Pioneering
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Nice one @Globster :) Are you back at the writing group now? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,355 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes I am @Tori_Scope
    Thank you  to Scope online community who have really given great confidence to write more fantastic poetry 

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    That's good to hear @Globster :) It must be nice seeing people again, and getting those creative juices flowing! It's good to hear that you've been growing in confidence. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness