HELP. I'm suspended on my job. I'm asking about an advanced payment on UC. How much could I get? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

HELP. I'm suspended on my job. I'm asking about an advanced payment on UC. How much could I get?

2»

Comments

• thinkingsoul
    thinkingsoul Community member Posts: 68 Connected
    @calcotti I appreciate your help. I'm not the sharpest tool in the box lol. I give my mum money every month when I get my PIP. it's just me and my mum. I signed up to UC as I've handed my notice in and don't want to work with horrible vile bullies. So got a hearing start of December. I do apologize it's just me saying the wrong thing that's all. so will I get 324 every month then? 
  • thinkingsoul
    @poppy123456 thank you for your help. all of you are stars! will I get 324 every month then? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,317 Disability Gamechanger
    @poppy123456 thank you for your help. all of you are stars! will I get 324 every month then? 

No worries. Yes that's corect but as advised here...
    @calcotti ok then. I no I am entitled to it regardless of what you say. but thanks 

If you receive any final earnings from your employer within your assessment period then this will reduce your UC by 63% as previously advised. So do be aware that your first UC payment maybe reduced to zero because of earnings. 

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • thinkingsoul
    @poppy123456 your a ? thank you so much for your speedy replies. it says on the 18th October it will tell me how much I'm going to get. does that sound correct? Just I'm not clued up with UC. Still learning it lol
  • poppy123456
    It will depend on when you started your claim. If payment is expected on 24th October then yes statement on 18th October is correct. You will have a statement on 18th of each month going forward.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • thinkingsoul
    @poppy123456 once again thanks for your reply. I am going to get a fit note for 1 month off my doctor. as I can't work. do I just upload it when I get it from my doctor? also do I get loads of UC letters in post or is most of it done on my account? If that makes sense.
  • poppy123456
    You need to make sure you get the fit note and report it within 7 days of reporting your health condition. Yes, just report it onto your journal. If you can get your GP to write it for longer than 1 month it would be better. It is likely to take months to have the work capability assessment and you need to continue to send fit notes until a decisions been made on your claim. 
    UC is a digital claim so online only, you won’t receive any letters in the post. All letters will be uploaded onto your journal. 
  • thinkingsoul
    @poppy123456 perfect. I will get it uploaded tomorrow then. thank you so much for all your help. I agree the lady said it would take months anyway, she just said if you keep uploading your UC with them on you will still get paid. she was very helpful, told me how to report changes, how to use it. She was great! she said if I do decide to get a advanced payment I can get it the same day! not sure how true that is , as didn't no it could be in my account the same day tbh
  • poppy123456
    No problem. Yes, advance payments are usually sent as fast payments and received on the same day.
  • thinkingsoul
    @poppy123456 she said because she has verified me I can apply for it on my UC. Do I need to call them up? the lady said everything you need to no is all on your UC account. saves calling up all the time?
  • poppy123456
    @poppy123456 she said because she has verified me I can apply for it on my UC. 

That’s correct.
  • thinkingsoul
    @poppy123456 I've applied for a advanced payment. it says they will let me no it it's approved. also say it will be 27th September can't wait till Monday, do I tell them this? I no people that got it the same day in there bank ?
  • thinkingsoul
    @poppy123456 if you can get back to me that will be great
  • poppy123456
    If it's approved all you can do is ask for a fast payment to be made.
  • thinkingsoul
    @poppy123456 I have put it on my Journal. Or should I call them? I put it on a 8:10am this morning
  • poppy123456
    You only put the message on 35 minutes ago...
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    I think you are going to have to give them time to reply. It hasn’t even been an hour yet. 
  • poppy123456
    MarkN88 said:
    I think you are going to have to give them time to reply. It hasn’t even been an hour yet. 

Yes indeed, my thoughts exactly.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.