Discrepancy between DWP notes and support worker — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Discrepancy between DWP notes and support worker

anxiousbird
anxiousbird Community member Posts: 162 Pioneering
Hi again
so a bit of background: I’m currently waiting for my tribunal in mid November. DWP offered standard mobility and said that I needed to reply by 31st august. I said to my welfare rights officer that I wanted to accept the offer and will then appeal again for enhanced. I didn’t receive any reply from the WRO so I asked him again whether he had relayed my acceptance of offer to DWP but he said he didn’t (and it was now past 31st august). I thought he must have been busy n didn’t get time to reply to the offer for me. However, I’ve received DWP’s letter through the tribunal and it mentions how my WRO declined the offer via phone and also some other conversation that went on between my WRO and DWP representative during that phone call (DWP saying that the claimant needed to respond to offer themselves n WRO saying that he’s acting on my behalf so his word should be taken). After receiving this, I emailed my WRO again to ask about that but it’s been over 2 weeks and he hasn’t replied back. I’m just so confused and also worried. Did the WRO really decline the offer even though I told him to accept the offer - and on top of that, when I asked whether he had called DWP to respond to my offer he said no? ? Or do you think DWP is lying about this? 

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    This is something you need to discuss with your WRO.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • anxiousbird
    calcotti said:
    This is something you need to discuss with your WRO.
    I did send him an email two weeks ago but haven’t got any response from him
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    We can't answer your questions, everything we say will only be a guess.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • anxiousbird
    Thanks Mike and Poppy :) yes I do understand that my WRO might just be really busy. I do hope that it is cleared up soon; feeling so anxious thinking about the ‘what ifs’ ?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.