How do you block people or close account? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How do you block people or close account?

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0 Listener
edited September 2021 in Coffee lounge
Just joined and encountered the Scope troll I think. There's some horrible people about aren't there?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

I'm sorry to hear you feel this way. We are very friendly here and we have some very knowledgeable members.
    I've read your other thread and i can only see that Mike was trying to help you. It is very difficult to read someone's tone through text and a tone can often be read as something completely different to what is was intended to be.
    As Mike advised, you can add a person to your ignore list or alternatively you can contact Scope to have your account delated by emailing them at this address. community@scope.org.uk

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2021
    Actually what you encountered was someone trying to help you. I’ll do it again now. Click on my user name. It will take you to my account. To the right of that you’ll then see an ignore button. Away you go. 
    We can no longer see private accounts on here so I don't think it's possible to block them that way either.  Just get a page that says 'permission problem' with no other options.  Not sure how long it's been like that as I tried to look at 2 different accounts this week but was denied.  :#
  • iain57
    iain57 Community member Posts: 17 Connected
    I find it hard to open up i try clim  up out of my shell but i soon fall a lot deeper my health is realy suffering an i find it hard to bee clean i strudle with every thing even  geting a shower i get a strip wash as you no its not the same i ask for help an get told ur on a list sorry for going on 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    You can still put a member on ignore by going into your profile to edit it. There you will find the ignore feature, put a members name into the box and click ok. Quite easy really.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,522 Disability Gamechanger
    Over the years I have been a member of a number of forums, some quite small and niche others as big as they get, the one thing this forum has is that overall it is extremely friendly, the people really nice and some of the advice the best you will find.
    But it has one thing in common with every forum out there, you have to get to know it and give it time to find your way around.
    Like many things in life patience is something that will pay dividends.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Connected
    If you want to delete your account you would need to email them, at least I did when I deleted my previous account.

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @CheesedOff I have also had not nice things happen on here to me as well  but don't let people get to you not everyone one in is the same I have felt like leaving many a time but haven't given up and let them win 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,822 Scope online community team
    Hello @CheesedOff, I'm sorry to hear that you feel the need to delete your account. While of course we would urge you to stay, if you still want to have your account deleted, you can contact us at community@scope.org.uk to get this done.

If you'd prefer simply to ignore certain members, you can visit your ignore list and enter the usernames into the 'ignore someone' field, then click 'Ok'.
    Community Manager
    Scope
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness