How do you block people or close account? — Scope | Disability forum
New to the community? Remember to read our community guidelines and our community house rules.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

How do you block people or close account?

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0 Listener
edited September 25 in Coffee lounge
Just joined and encountered the Scope troll I think. There's some horrible people about aren't there?

Comments

• mikehughescq
    mikehughescq Member Posts: 7,509 Disability Gamechanger
    Actually what you encountered was someone trying to help you. I’ll do it again now. Click on my user name. It will take you to my account. To the right of that you’ll then see an ignore button. Away you go. 

On the other hand you could moderate your tone; answer the questions you were asked which would enable us to start to deal with your query properly and then we’d start to get somewhere. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 23,844 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

I'm sorry to hear you feel this way. We are very friendly here and we have some very knowledgeable members.
    I've read your other thread and i can only see that Mike was trying to help you. It is very difficult to read someone's tone through text and a tone can often be read as something completely different to what is was intended to be.
    As Mike advised, you can add a person to your ignore list or alternatively you can contact Scope to have your account delated by emailing them at this address. [email protected]

• OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Member Posts: 1,649 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 25
    Actually what you encountered was someone trying to help you. I’ll do it again now. Click on my user name. It will take you to my account. To the right of that you’ll then see an ignore button. Away you go. 
    We can no longer see private accounts on here so I don't think it's possible to block them that way either.  Just get a page that says 'permission problem' with no other options.  Not sure how long it's been like that as I tried to look at 2 different accounts this week but was denied.  :#
  • Teddybear12
    Teddybear12 Member Posts: 765 Pioneering
    edited September 25
    Hi @CheesedOff I am sorry you feel this way. I do understand as I joined six weeks ago and felt exactly the same. I wonder if new people are seeing things more clearly. There are some knowledgeable people on the site but I have to say from my own experience not all  are friendly. Please do not let one bad experience put you off.  
  • mikehughescq
    We can no longer see private accounts on here so I don't think it's possible to block them that way either.  Just get a page that says 'permission problem' with no other options.  Not sure how long it's been like that as I tried to look at 2 different accounts this week but was denied.  :#
    Interesting. I made it private solely because two individuals on here decided to post abuse on my wall having been told off by the admins for their responses to me. I had no intention of stopping people ignoring me although it’s amusing me no end now. 
  • iain57
    iain57 Member Posts: 7 Listener
    I find it hard to open up i try clim  up out of my shell but i soon fall a lot deeper my health is realy suffering an i find it hard to bee clean i strudle with every thing even  geting a shower i get a strip wash as you no its not the same i ask for help an get told ur on a list sorry for going on 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 23,844 Disability Gamechanger
    You can still put a member on ignore by going into your profile to edit it. There you will find the ignore feature, put a members name into the box and click ok. Quite easy really.
  • mikehughescq
    Interesting to clock who actually liked the first post on this thread. Very telling.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 5,323 Disability Gamechanger
    Over the years I have been a member of a number of forums, some quite small and niche others as big as they get, the one thing this forum has is that overall it is extremely friendly, the people really nice and some of the advice the best you will find.
    But it has one thing in common with every forum out there, you have to get to know it and give it time to find your way around.
    Like many things in life patience is something that will pay dividends.
    I am a person with epilepsy not an epileptic, my illness doesn't define me.
  • mikehughescq
    Could not agree more @woodbine.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Connected
    If you want to delete your account you would need to email them, at least I did when I deleted my previous account.

• lisathomas50
    lisathomas50 Posts: 4,597 Disability Gamechanger
    @CheesedOff I have also had not nice things happen on here to me as well  but don't let people get to you not everyone one in is the same I have felt like leaving many a time but haven't given up and let them win 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 8,091

Scope community team

Hello @CheesedOff, I'm sorry to hear that you feel the need to delete your account. While of course we would urge you to stay, if you still want to have your account deleted, you can contact us at [email protected] to get this done.

If you'd prefer simply to ignore certain members, you can visit your ignore list and enter the usernames into the 'ignore someone' field, then click 'Ok'.
    Community Manager
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.

Fancy a chat in our virtual coffee lounge?

Put the kettle on and have a chat in our coffee lounge with other members. We talk about hobbies, games and anything else you can think of!

Cerebral Palsy (CP) Online Cafe

Here's a new opportunity for people with CP or a similar disability (aged 20+) to get together and chat. The sessions are in partnership with CP Sport so you can find out more and meet people from both organisations.

Are you struggling?

Read our 'Coping with stress, low mood and isolation' support thread for a run-down of ideas on how to banish those blues and feel happier.

What do you think about the community?

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community a better space for you.

Information about COVID-19

If you have questions about the virus, please read our information and support which includes guidance on benefits, getting food and essentials and Cerebral Palsy.

Back to school this September?

Read tips on how to settle back in and handle any worries you or your children might be having this new term.