I've been awarded 20% disabled IIDB. They've backdated it 3 months, should I challenge it? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I've been awarded 20% disabled IIDB. They've backdated it 3 months, should I challenge it?

Options
debbied3012
debbied3012 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
So recently I posted about weather I might receive IIDB and thank you everyone for your replies. I’ve been awarded 20% disabled. They’ve backdated it to 3 months. The accident happened at work 2 years today, why they asked me for the date is beyond me. Is it my fault covid happened and that I didn’t know about IIDB till I printed off my self cert? I waited 2 years for my operation, anyone got any advice on whether I should challenge it? 
Tagged:

Comments

• HJP290
    HJP290 Community member Posts: 45 Connected
    Options
    Hi lv i receive this and
    i didnt claim it till 2 years after my accident as never heard of it till a friend said her sister got it . 

unfortunately can only back date from 3 months before the claim date no further . 
  • HJP290
    HJP290 Community member Posts: 45 Connected
    Options
    Im going for my reveiw in couple off weeks 

how long from assement did you find out if dont mind me asking ? 
  • debbied3012
    debbied3012 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Options
    5 weeks I received the money, still not received my letter
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,230 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    5 weeks I received the money, still not received my letter

It's not unusual to recieve money in your bank before the decision letter.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness