I sent my form off, but they haven't received it. The system is so stressful — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I sent my form off, but they haven't received it. The system is so stressful

alisonparry
alisonparry Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited September 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have been turned down for PIP twice over the past 5 years. My docto suggested a month or so ago i apply again to be able to purchase the supplements i need for my condition. I received the PIP form and they said they mut receive it back before 25th September. i posted on 12th spetember, but, they say they still have not received it and have given me another extension until 16th October. i explained i posted first class, and they said yes it is just taking a long time to come through our systems. This is disgusting, my doctor is the ne who reccommended I apply for PIP again, but they make it so stressful. 

Comments

• MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    It’s not disgusting really though. It’s only the 26th today. It goes through a mail sorting centre first before been passed to the DWP and then it needs to be scanned onto the system and allocated to your claim. It takes time unfortunately. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2021
    Hi,

It's 10 working days that you posted it which isn't really that long. DWP are aware that postal backlogs are huge so will allow extra time for it to arrive and for it to be added to the computer, which at the moment at take anything up to a month. From start to finish timescales can be as long as 10 months because backlogs are so huge.
    When you previously applied twice before did you appeal those decisions? To constantly reapply using the same evidence you previously used will very likely see a constant refusal. If the same thing happens this time then i'd advise you to first request the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) if that fails you can request a Tribunal.
    If you appealed those decisions before applying this time did you get some expert advice to check that you definitely qualify?
    A GP will have very little knowledge of the PIP criteria.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • alisonparry
    alisonparry Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Yes as people with no mental health problems do not understand what I have stated
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    There's lots of people that claim PIP for mental health reasons. Sorry but are you saying you've taken it to Tribunal both times?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @alisonparry :) Just to let you know, I've renamed your post slightly. 

As the others have said, it can take a little while to get through the process unfortunately. I'm sure no one is doubting how stressful this must be for you, but rather trying to reassure you that this isn't unusual. 

Are you receiving enough mental health support from your doctor at the moment? I appreciate that going through the PIP process can add extra stress and worry, so it's worth talking these things through with someone. The community is also here for you if you need to chat. We have a category dedicated to discussions relating to mental health, which you can find here
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.