When will my backpay be paid? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

When will my backpay be paid?

Options
KimmyJade
KimmyJade Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi, I got the decision on Wednesday last week (22/9/21) that I am owed some back pay. I went for my health capability assessment in March last year and I was approved for this. However at the time I was in a joint claim with my ex partner. In June last year, we split up, and because my claim changed to a single claim I never received any of the health and capability money. So I'm owed all of the money from this. I was told by my case manager that once the decision makers have approved the decision, that the money should hit my bank account within 7 days. I'm not sure how true this is, which is why I'm writing to this forum. Is it worth chasing up every week until I get the money I'm owed? As I was told by this person that I'd receive my money by the 29th of September. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,072 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Once payment has been made it takes 3-5 working days to go into your back. If you don't receive it when they said you would then put a note onto your journal under the payment section.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • KimmyJade
    KimmyJade Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you so much for the quick response. You've massively helped alleviate my anxiety today. Take care :) 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.